Photo
- - - - -

Post your effective Tax Rate, if you dare.

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#106 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

More than I thought. I don't mind paying more if there are increases in the wealthiest levels including loop holes closed for the rich and cost cuts made in the budget.

#107 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,473 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

So the question is invalid if it points out your hypocrisy.... got it.

Explain how I am being the least bit hypocritical by not sharing something over the internet.

#108 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Explain how I am being the least bit hypocritical by not sharing something over the internet.

"Charity is giving your own personal belongings... not someone else's. Giving away someone else's belongings on your own behalf is thievery disguised by hypocrisy"

The hypocrisy is due to not sharing... it is from the derived assumption that you don't because it shows one for who they are. The hypocrisy is (again) about sanctimonious asshats that scream about unfairness while doing nothing themselves.

So where do you live?

#109 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

So if I pay a higher effective tax rate than people like Romney then...,,

#110 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Then you need a new accountant. ;)

#111 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,473 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

"Charity is giving your own personal belongings... not someone else's. Giving away someone else's belongings on your own behalf is thievery disguised by hypocrisy"

The hypocrisy is due to not sharing... it is from the derived assumption that you don't because it shows one for who they are. The hypocrisy is (again) about sanctimonious asshats that scream about unfairness while doing nothing themselves.

So where do you live?

Those are false equivalencies, they are not the same. Me being a hypocrite by not sharing personal information would be me requiring you to, not me just not sharing it because you did... I don't give a poo about your tax rate. You can share it if you want, I don't care, it doesn't matter to me what your personal details are because I weigh your merits based on the contents of your posts and nothing else.

#112 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

Those are false equivalencies, they are not the same. Me being a hypocrite by not sharing personal information would be me requiring you to, not me just not sharing it because you did... I don't give a poo about your tax rate. You can share it if you want, I don't care, it doesn't matter to me what your personal details are because I weigh your merits based on the contents of your posts and nothing else.

And I sooner gauge you by your actions rather than your words

#113 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,473 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

You think Jase had an ulterior motive in starting this thread? I don't think that is true, although some others might have tried to use it for the purpose you mentioned. But if we eliminated all threads that turned in an unintended way, half the threads in the tinderbox would be gone. And all that would be left would be threads that were blatant attempts to launch attacks on the other side. Well that and conspiracy theory threads.

fwiw, because Jase has said what his goals are, no, I don't think he did, nor do I think the thread should be eliminated at all. However there are clearly some posters who put a great deal of value on a tax rate. I have no problem with people posting/sharing whatever they want, I just find it weird to call someone a hypocrite who doesn't share it (which I don't think you, or the OP, have done, fyi).

#114 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

And I sooner gauge you by your actions rather than your words

This is an internet message board. You cant see his actions, words are the only thing you have

#115 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

This is an internet message board. You cant see his actions, words are the only thing you have

Speaking of which... shouldn't you be scolding the rest of us for not paying 75%?

#116 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

More than I thought. I don't mind paying more if there are increases in the wealthiest levels including loop holes closed for the rich and cost cuts made in the budget.

I like where your head is, and while I don't agree with having to pay any more than what they are already taking, at least you are honest about it.

That said, exactly what tax loop holes for the rich are you speaking of?

#117 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

I only paid 8%.

I bought a house, relocated, and have student loans, so I had a lot I could deduct. I think I deducted over $10,000. I made more money this year, but my taxable income was actually lower than the previous year because of all the deductions.

Next year it will be considerably higher.

#118 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,928 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

I don't know how much money I am going to make year to year. But last year I had a really good year. My effective tax rate ended up at 20% ish but when i was getting little projects in November my marginal tax rate was 40% including state. It stings to know you are giving up nearly half your paycheck.

First world problems.

#119 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Speaking of which... shouldn't you be scolding the rest of us for not paying 75%?

I would, but I've come to accept that all you plebeians just arent on my level

#120 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

I like where your head is, and while I don't agree with having to pay any more than what they are already taking, at least you are honest about it.

That said, exactly what tax loop holes for the rich are you speaking of?

I don't remember the specific ones I've read about, it's been too long. Whatever the loops are that let companies ie: GE make billions in profit and pay 0 in taxes. Also I don't think the gov't local or fed should be able to give incentives (tax breaks) to businesses to bring their companies to their community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.