Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,624 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

No this isn't a "SIGN ALL THE FREE AGENTZ!"

Some say this is a ridiculous statement. Who would want Titus Young?

This team should be on his radar. Why? We need a WR. There is no question that Young has Talent. From his days in Boise ST. To his days in the NFL, proving that he can do this job at this level. He's not reached his cieling yet either. Which is a plus.

Why go after Young? Well set aside the issues he's having at the current moment. He's an explosive weapon in the infancy of his career. He's frame is small but deceiving at the same time. He's be a slot reciever with speed. Basically Steve Smith. He's very young meaning he could be here a long time with Cam. It boils down to this, he's just another weapon for Cam to use in this offense. He has done it before with a much more talented WR core in Detroit. His numbers aren't bad and he had Stafford throwing him the ball, I can only imagine Cam doing this.

The Pro's are there. Now to the cons. His antics would label him as a person that is not a team player. Lining up in the wrong position intentionally, Sucker punching a team mate (sound familiar?).Tweeting that he wants the ball more. The only thing that would worry me is, basically Smitty and him getting into a fight. I know it would be a combustible situation, but we don't know for sure if this would happen.

Childish, yes. I agree. The man is 23 years old and is immature. To me, his talent justifies a contract. Especially when a lot of other teams will be turned off by his actions. I believe the time has come to over look the 'character' issues and try to find talent. He has talent. He reminds me a lot of Smitty when he was a young gun.

Paying him a contract for one year, a trial period, would make sense. We're in need of weapons. I'm not saying he'd be a #1 WR but he'd be another weapon for Cam.

The change of scenery could help him. In return he could help us.

#2 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

So Steve can have another victim for a Flim study beat down.

#3 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

He would be the prefect guy for Smith to groom. Both from LA, both have anger issues (Smith kind of got his under control), both beat up team mates and poo we need another WR.

#4 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,386 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Depends on the the contract he is willing to take. No doubting the dude has talent. If he can keep it together and maximize his talent, he'd be a big coup for anyone who signs him.

Having said that, I doubt this is the kind of move Gettlejuice wants to start off his reign as Panthers' GM with.

#5 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Don't need to sign him, he is subject to waivers after his release. We could claim him on his rookie deal (lasts through 2014, pays him $550k next year).

#6 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,136 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

I really wouldn't be opposed to this. It is a risk though. The kid is kind of dumb (PR wise not playing wise)

#7 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Boy some of you want to add gasoline to the fire don't you.

#8 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

No. The Lions had all kinds of issues at WR this year outside of Calvin Johnson. They were basically playing CJ and a bunch of nobodies and that still wasn't enough for them to consider playing Young. The guy's a cancer. Stay away. Far, far away.

Freddie Mitchell version 2.0. All the drama of a T.O. with 5% of the talent.

#9 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,993 posts
  • Location704

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

We don't need his thuggery in Charlotte. This is a very critical year for the team.

#10 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

He isn't a future no 1. So no.

#11 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,132 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

if we have cap space to kill (which we won't) and proehl thinks he can handle the guy, i think he'd be a decent addition.

no way it happens though. i'd much rather get a big number one and let steve smith play in the slot.

#12 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Cool thread bro!

#13 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,351 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Nope. Not a guy I don't believe Gettleman is interested in.

#14 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Nobody that sabotage their own team

#15 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,506 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

he is just like Smitty when he first got in the league, and both from the la area.they will not clash, and he workd out with cam before the draft.can you imagine if twitter was out when smitty was in his 2nd year would say?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.