87 replies to this topic

#46 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Lions have one of the most dysfunctional locker rooms in the league, they had the most arrested players last offseason, how many games did they win? I'll fuging wait.

#47 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Lmao, lions had the most dropped passes this season but they had the "luxury" to cut him.

stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

#48 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

Eh, I dunno. The punching a teammate is bad, but not the end of the world. I can look past that one because that one can be explained as competitive spirit. Intentionally lining up in the wrong spot in a game to sabotage your team? That's pretty fuging inexcusable. If we did claim him, and gave him a shot to get his poo together I wouldn't be upset. But from what I know right now, I'm not certain it'd be a good idea. He has talent, and maybe Smitty could take him under his wing and teach him what he has learned from going through some of the same stuff, so the risk could be worth the reward. But if I ever heard of a Panther sabotaging the team, especially on game day, I'd want that guy off the team the next day.

#49 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,763 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

Do want, won't get though :( nobody is willing to take risks anymore

#50 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,433 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Before he was released I was humorously following this story. Young is nothing more that a good player that thinks he is great. He thinks is good enough to carry a team. I can just see it. Young badmouthing Cam or Smitty and Smitty beating this guy to a pulp.

I am with LinvilleGorge, Stay Away, Stay far far away.

#51 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,196 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

I would not be totally opposed to claiming him off waivers. $550k is nothing and worth the risk to give him a chance.

#52 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,930 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

From a standpoint of talent alone, I have no problem.

However, in the NFL, where players' off-field transgressions are seemingly forgotten overnight, this guy managed to get benched on quite possibly the worst disciplined team in the league. And by worst disciplined, I'm talking about player accountability on the field. The Lions don't suck because they have no talent. The Lions suck because they have a lousy head coach who holds no players accountable for their actions- save for Young in this case- and they perform nowhere close to where their talent level is. Tom Coughlin could make the Lions 8-8 next season.

And to be the lone, stand-out trouble-maker on a team where players are seemingly doing whatever the fug they want is not a good sign.

#53 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

I would not be totally opposed to claiming him off waivers. $550k is nothing and worth the risk to give him a chance.

That's pretty much where I'm at about it.

#54 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

He's talented, but he has a horrible attitude - makes T.O. at his worst look like a choir boy... no thanks.

#55 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

First, Young was also disiplined/sespended at BSU as well. Those who want to believe he will grow up just for us? Good luck with that.

Second, in Detroit, Megatron, TE, and RB get all the catches. Young was not happy with that situation. Even in practice.

Third, the Lions have 2 players, based solely on last year, that could be starters on our D. Try winning with that.

Fourth, the Lions have had no other issues for over a year, So that arguement is getting old.

So, in summary. If you don't follow a team. Don't talk like you do.

With that said. The right team very well could get Titus to be a productive contented teammate. For as cheap as he is. Why not? The kid does have some talent.

#56 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

The latest evidence comes from Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, who shares a conversation Young had with his high-school coach, E.C. Robinson, on Christmas Day.

“He did tell me he thought he was just as good Megatron,” Robinson told Birkett. “I said, ‘Titus, come on.’ I said, ‘Come on, man. Who you talking to?’ I said, ‘Come on, you’re as good as that guy? This guy is the real deal.’ And he really believes this. And he was sincere about it. ‘Ah man, I’m better than him.’ I said, ‘No you’re not. Be real man. Come on.’ So I don’t know, I’m hoping for the best for him.”

http://profootballta...-than-megatron/

Oh god this dude is insane.

#57 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,753 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

He is nothing like smitty.

He makes smitty look like a choir boy.

No thanks.

#58 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,324 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

Yeah it's an interesting situation that I wouldn't hate, but it scares me.

He's talented, could be had for cheap, and Smitty MAY could help him. Acquiring him could also help us bypass WR in the draft this year if the team felt he was the right direction to go this year.

I just don't have faith in him as a player and don't think we touch him.

#59 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Chud really needs this guy! hands off!

#60 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,194 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

I want him now just because all the "good ole boy" fans have come out saying that character trumps talent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com