#46 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

You do if you have Brady. Plus, there's a lot of players that shouldn't be passed up that crashed. Aaron Curry springs to mind.

Never said I had Brady. Why would u take Manning if you had Brady?

Curry as good as he is came from a smaller program in Wake. Played in the ACC but nothing like what Jones did in the SEC in his two seasons.

I can also safely call Curry a Bust. He's not your hybrid rushing LB like a Jones and Miller. Very different type of lb.

#47 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,453 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Jarvis Jones has serious spinal problems that will only get worse as he gets older, and he doesn't fit our scheme.

#48 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Jarvis Jones has serious spinal problems that will only get worse as he gets older, and he doesn't fit our scheme.

His health is a concern that's why it could force him to 14. Though, he was cleared by UGA med to play and played lights out the last two seasons.

No one, esp I ruled out that Miller wouldn't succeed in a 43 OLB in Denver. Been worthy of the no.2 pick since then. Miller and Jarvis are identical.

#49 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Never said I had Brady. Why would u take Manning if you had Brady?

Curry as good as he is came from a smaller program in Wake. Played in the ACC but nothing like what Jones did in the SEC in his two seasons.

I can also safely call Curry a Bust. He's not your hybrid rushing LB like a Jones and Miller. Very different type of lb.

The point is that all of these guys coming out in the draft are a gamble. Sure some are safer than others but they're still a gamble... So why take a chance on a position you where you're solid, where you might need better personnel , when you have other positions that you know you need better personnel?

#50 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

kaseem greene and sean porter for the win in the case of olb.

if you want to take a chance on an injured( guy get OLB brandon jenkins(injured foot) out of fsu...just as good(13.5 sacks in 2011) bigger version of von miller to some scouts.

bleacher report is the bomb lol they are the first ones with alot of news and top 10 list lol wiki of sports baby!!!!

#51 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

Just so we're clear - we want to draft a LB (not a position of great need...you can make the argument that ANY position COULD be a need after an injury or poor play so that's invalid) who has spinal stenosis at the 14th overall pick. Spinal Stenosis which has ended more than one promising NFL career. Which can lead to loss of muscle control, muscle weakness, numbness, temporary paralysis, and back surgery to make room for nerves.

Basically we want to draft a LB at 14 overall who brings a health condition with him that makes him fragile. Does anyone remember Dan Morgan? All the talent in the world won't help if you can't stay on the field.

Do not want. Do not believe our coaches would take him. Do not believe you guys have thought this through.

#52 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

If we're serious about implementing more 3-4 looks into our defense, then a pass-rushing OLB actually IS a position of need. I'm just not sure how serious we are and how much we're willing to invest in adding pieces for a 3-4....but it probably isn't worth using up our first-round pick regardless.

#53 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

If we're serious about implementing more 3-4 looks into our defense, then a pass-rushing OLB actually IS a position of need. I'm just not sure how serious we are and how much we're willing to invest in adding pieces for a 3-4....but it probably isn't worth using up our first-round pick regardless.

No it's not.

Occasional 3-4 style looks in a base 4-3 defense does not create a need for a pass rushing OLB.

We are a primarily 4-3 defense with one of the most productive DE tandems in the league last year. We will not be in a 3-4 look often enough to warrant adding a 3-4 rushing OLB. Certainly not with the roster holes we have elsewhere.

#54 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

Wow what a bunch of dingbats

#55 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

Sorry, barring career ending offseason injuries to 2 of our top 4 LBs, there's no way to justify spending ANOTHER first round pick on a LB. We'd have to be the only team in history to have four 1st round LBs that we drafted on our team. He's not an all world generational talent, anyway. Even if Von Miller (as we knew him entering that draft) were available to us at #14 I probably wouldn't want him the way our team is set up now. Too much is needed at other positions. Unless we were to start running some 3-5-3 or 2-5-4 system as our base, we can rest easy at LB for a little while.

#56 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,943 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

Not that I am advocating picking Jarvis, but if he is there at 14 I could see it happening.

Everyone saying that we don't need another LB are missing one point.....we don't have a player like Jarvis on this team. He is not a LB in the mold that we have. He is the kind of guy that can be used at OLB or DE in different packages. He is a guy that can put a lot of pressure on the QB.

I agree that we have bigger needs, but I would not be surprised or really disappointed if he was the pick.....assuming he is still there at 14.

#57 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,358 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

We are in need of a DT. There are three or four that can probably start immediately. One, I don't think Jones will get anywhere near 14. Two, one of those big DTs are going to be available.

Here are two from CBS Sports.

http://www.cbssports.../nfl/draft/mock

Both have us taking DTs. I like Hankins. 6'3" 320. Along with D. Edwards our DL would be solid.

#58 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,225 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

Still haven't seen it mentioned, but for some reason Jarvis Jones is there; someone will offer the Panthers a pretty good package for him. Once you get to the mid-teens, trades start to fall into place because of players falling.

Maybe the Falcons will offer us 29 draft picks to move up to 14 so they can take another receiver and make it to the Super Bowl for a 3rd straight year.

#59 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

I can see Jarvis Jones being the pick if he's available. Panthers' linebackers are horrible at pressuring the QB. There's a reason McDermott is so hesitant to blitz them. Wouldn't be my #1 choice, but I could see the logic. Pressuring the QB is better than trying to find a CB that can cover the best athletes on the field for 4+ seconds. Everyone on defense looks better when the QB is hurried.

#60 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'm going to wipe my ass in the shape of BR and post a pic of it here.

Probably more worthwhile reading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com