Photo
- - - - -

Tyler Vagyler's Mock Draft v2.0

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#25 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Lafell had 44 catches for 677 yards and 4 TDs in 14 games, while the bust Stephen Hill had a 21 252 3 stat line in 11 games.

#26 Rags

Rags

help

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

So was Stephen Hill last year. Let's look at his stats 21 rec. 252 yards and 3 TD. Great stats when you include the fact he didn't know how to run all the routes, had suspect hands, and lined up in the wrong place. Sound like somebody? At least the Jets didn't spend a high 1 round pick (like most teams in the history of the draft) on such a raw WR prospect. They got him in the 2nd round.

Stephen Hill was never projected to go in the top 15 once.

After the combine he was always expected to be a late first-early second.

#27 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Lafell had 44 catches for 677 yards and 4 TDs in 14 games, while the bust Stephen Hill had a 21 252 3 stat line in 11 games.

Lafell also had to compete with 89, Olsen, Murphy, and the RB's for touches. Not to mention when he was thrown the ball he had a 92% rec. Rate. Ranking him in the top half of the league in the hands department. Hill should have been the Jets number 1 target considering Keller and Holmes were hurt most of the year.

#28 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Lafell also had to compete with 89, Olsen, Murphy, and the RB's for touches. Not to mention when he was thrown the ball he had a 92% rec. Rate. Ranking him in the top half of the league in the hands department. Hill should have been the Jets number 1 target considering Keller and Holmes were hurt most of the year.

and he was hurt as well, with Mark Sanchez as a QB.put him in this offense and Murphy nor Edwards sees the field at all.

#29 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Stephen Hill was never projected to go in the top 15 once.

After the combine he was always expected to be a late first-early second.

You couldn't tell from some of the people here.

Also last year you had better talent at the top of the WR board. Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd would push Patterson down a bit and we still have the Combine before position rankings are set.

#30 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

and he was hurt as well, with Mark Sanchez as a QB.put him in this offense and Murphy nor Edwards sees the field at all.

Dumb excuse because Michael Floyd had what at Qb............???? That's right garbage. And played with Fitz and had 45 rec. And Justin Blackmon had Gabbert and put up 64 rec. So stop the sorry QB excuse.

And the way Rivera dog house is Hill would have been in it with the drops not knowing how to run routes and lining up in the wrong place. So you would be wrong there as well.

What's even more stupid on your part is you would have been bragging on us spending a 1st round pick on a 3rd wr. Who cares if he took out Murphy and Edwards???? For a 1st round pick he better be taken Lafell off the Field. God I'm glad you're not our GM.

#31 Rags

Rags

help

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

You couldn't tell from some of the people here.

Also last year you had better talent at the top of the WR board. Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd would push Patterson down a bit and we still have the Combine before position rankings are set.

Floyd wouldn't have been drafted as high in a stronger WR class honestly.

#32 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

lol now he has to compete with people when hes supposed to be this star no 2 wr..lol hes decent but not GREAT.

every star no 2 wr i looked up outperformed b.lafell in 2012. he only caught 57 percent of passes in 2012 not a 92%.

he was targeted 76 times caught 44 passes.....

lafell has a good yards per catch but other than that dude is a no 3 wr and his best a no 2. and he is definitely not a no.1 that the panthers need as a deep threat.

moss only played 2 years of cb and came out to dominate........the trick is to find someone like that in the draft.......i bet you wouldnt have thought ty hilton could start over lafell but he has way better numbers.

#33 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

lol now he has to compete with people when hes supposed to be this star no 2 wr..lol hes decent but not GREAT.

every star no 2 wr i looked up outperformed b.lafell in 2012. he only caught 57 percent of passes in 2012 not a 92%.

he was targeted 76 times caught 44 passes.....

lafell has a good yards per catch but other than that dude is a no 3 wr and his best a no 2. and he is definitely not a no.1 that the panthers need as a deep threat.

moss only played 2 years of cb and came out to dominate........the trick is to find someone like that in the draft.......i bet you wouldnt have thought ty hilton could start over lafell but he has way better numbers.

Wasn't he also the number 1 option? Which Lafell was 3-4 depending on the play.

#34 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Floyd wouldn't have been drafted as high in a stronger WR class honestly.

He would be the number 1 wr in this years class.

#35 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...the-nfc-south-5

Although Tampa Bay’s Vincent Jackson went deep into the season before dropping his first pass, Atlanta’s Harry Douglas had the NFC South’s best hands in 2012. At least if you go by the numbers.

Douglas finished with a division-high 97.4 catch percentage (receptions divided by receptions plus drops), according to ESPN Stats & Information. Douglas made 38 catches and had only one drop. Douglas was targeted 56 times.

Jackson and Atlanta’s Roddy White were targeted far more often than Douglas and they finished just behind him in catch percentage. White, who was targeted 138 time, finished with a 96.8 catch percentage and Jackson (141 targets) finished at 96 percent.

Here’s a look at the catch percentage for the division’s other receivers:

Brandon LaFell, Panthers, 95.7

#36 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

umm reggie wayne(100rec 5tds 1,355yds)

and who's fault is that lafell is the 3rd option??? lol....... HIS

he lets a tight end out do him.......omg stop it man.

i can understand why brady has to go to tight ends so much because he just has welker, a slot wr at best....olsen should be the 3rd to 4th option.