• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,641 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

he got cut because they are right up against the cap and they have too much money wrapped up on that DL and his contract was the easiest to unload.

wasn't because he was injured. it wasn't because he was overpaid.

#32 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Were in a league now where you can't get too attached to players. Pay your core players and everyone else is expendable.

#33 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,650 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

we cut a rb we still have to pay them a poo ton of money, makes no sense to cut now

#34 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

I certainly hope we try trading DeAngelo before we just cut him.

Pointless...

No one want to trade for an expensive 30 yr old RB

#35 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Pointless...

No one want to trade for an expensive 30 yr old RB

At 4.75 million, he is not that expensive.

#36 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

At 4.75 million, he is not that expensive.

Well, player for player trades are rare....for 30 yr old RBs at that.

I don't see why any team would trade a decent draft pick for one. might as well use it on a young RB in that case.

#37 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Well, player for player trades are rare....for 30 yr old RBs at that.

I don't see why any team would trade a decent draft pick for one. might as well use it on a young RB in that case.

If the option is release him outright or trade him for a fifth or six rounder, it is a no brainer for us. but teams could just wait until we release him unless they have a desire for him.

#38 Guest_FredLane4Ever_*

Guest_FredLane4Ever_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

You have to cut Stewart, and draft a bigger back in the late to mid rounds that will stay on the field.

#39 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,846 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

You have to cut Stewart, and draft a bigger back in the late to mid rounds that will stay on the field.

Stewart has more guaranteed money on his contract than DWill does.

#40 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Since Double Trouble was formed....he has suited up for more games than Williams. He has played in 71 of 80 potential regular season games. He also is younger than his partner in crime.

#41 Guest_FredLane4Ever_*

Guest_FredLane4Ever_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Since Double Trouble was formed....he has suited up for more games than Williams. He has played in 71 of 80 potential regular season games. He also is younger than his partner in crime.

I would take into account that he hasn't missed any games the last two years. He missed the end of the 2009 season and a little more than half of the 2010 season. He hurt is ankle when Ted Washington fell on him his rookie year as well. It was clear we were not going anywhere in the seasons he hung it up.

It seems like Stewart always misses games when we start to get things going.

Injuries aside I would love to keep Stewart out of the two, but I am also comfortable with DLO.

#42 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

I would take into account that he hasn't missed any games the last two years. He missed the end of the 2009 season and a little more than half of the 2010 season. He hurt is ankle when Ted Washington fell on him his rookie year as well. It was clear we were not going anywhere in the seasons he hung it up.

It seems like Stewart always misses games when we start to get things going.

Injuries aside I would love to keep Stewart out of the two, but I am also comfortable with DLO.

Stewart was part of rolling in 08
Stewart was part of the strong 09 finish
Stewart was part of the strong 11 finish

Outside of this past season, he has been part of things when we were rolling

#43 Guest_FredLane4Ever_*

Guest_FredLane4Ever_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Stewart was part of rolling in 08
Stewart was part of the strong 09 finish
Stewart was part of the strong 11 finish

Outside of this past season, he has been part of things when we were rolling

Its kind of funny because I am in favor of holding on to Beason. You want to see him cut.

Then you are supporting holding on to Stewart over Williams when he was hurt last year. I prefer holding on to Stewart based on talent, so it is funny that I think we should cut him. Go figure, and Beason's injuries are far worse.

#44 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,416 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Were in a league now where you can't get too attached to players. Pay your core players and everyone else is expendable.

With the salary cap, it really does boild down to, Can my core beat your core?

Keep your team young and cheap. It allows you to keep your core, and, shop for decent FAs instead of the bargain basement ones. Unfortunately, hurndog lost his way and strayed from the plan. I believe Gettlemen will get us back on track by getting contracts back on track.

Pay your core, reasonably, and hope they are better than everyone elses.

#45 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

one of the best times of the offseason every year is seeing every self proclaimed cap "expert" stunned when whatever horn they've been tooting for months is all of a sudden blown to pieces and they have no idea how it happened

"like zomg guys we can't cut a RB, Goodell will literally come and kidnap our cap and have relations with it and the mutant child that is birthed will be forced to be our new cap clearly you guys just don't understand how the cap works but I do because sheikh zulu told me how it did in that thread one time a couple years ago"

Every year, we are in a cap struggle. We are not able to go after a few key pieces because of our mismanagement in the past.

Do you think that had we had some space that Vincent Jackson would have been a good pickup for Cam and this O? We didn't have the cap space to do it.

Do you think that we got a steal by bringing in Naka? Nope, we just couldn't afford anything better.

Yes, we always manage to get under the cap....all teams do, but we are not a good football team. As bad as we have been lately, we should have tons of cap to show for it....but we don't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com