Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top dawg

DHB may be on the bubble

35 posts in this topic

Don't. Have. The. Money.

Glad someone gets it. No need in getting excited over free agents. We do every year only to be disappointed and having no cap room isn't going to help even if they decide to sign some. We'll probably do the usual, wait on cheap guys and that's it.

Won't be surprised if Brandon LaFell gets one more year to try and show he's up to the task.

We are gonna have some money. Why do some of you keep bringing up money?

We. Are. Not. Going. Into. Next. Season. With. The. Status. Quo.

DHB had a rough couple of years coming out, but it is arguable whether or not he has shown enough to be a WR1, but he is a WR2, no doubt. Adding a down-field vertical threat to Cam's long arm can lead to great things. Murphy was never considered a viable 1 or 2, really. That's why the Raiders let him go. If the Raiders let DHB go, it will be because he accounts for $10 mil towards their cap, not because he's crap.

This may be a good idea. Depends on who is out there, and whether or not it is deemed that they would make an immediate impact.

1st of all, DHB has shown exactly as much as Louis Murphy did in Oakland. Also, sure, we'll have "some" money, but not enough to spend on scrubs like DHB..

I mean, I get it. It could, maybe, possibly, somewhere be worth bringing up.. but being perplexed as to why people think we don't have enough money for this guy and then saying he was that much better than Louis Murphy shouldn't jive well with most folk.

We are gonna have some money. Why do some of you keep bringing up money?

We. Are. Not. Going. Into. Next. Season. With. The. Status. Quo.

One. Hundred. Thirty. Six. Million. Over. The. Cap. Why. Can't. You. See. This. Fact?

no. if we're going to spend money on a FA receiver i'd rather get somebody that's a safer bet.

One. Hundred. Thirty. Six. Million. Over. The. Cap. Why. Can't. You. See. This. Fact?

$136 million over? That's sounds pretty high. Thought it was 16 over

$136 million over? That's sounds pretty high. Thought it was 16 over

Depends on how you read it. But yes, 16 million, total of 136 million. But you're right.

Won't be surprised if Brandon LaFell gets one more year to try and show he's up to the task.

Lafell is a proven contributer he may not be a number 1 wideout but a solid 2/3, hes the kinda guy that i can see be a consistant 700+ yard season player.

Because. We. Are. Not. $136 million. Over. The. Cap. That's. Why.

You. Are. A. Little. Bit. Off...Oh. By. About. $120 million!

• Topics

• I don't feel like we're a sleeper team. We are just mercurial as a franchise- up, down, and in the middle. I really do not know what to expect this year. As it's been said, the O-line is a big question mark. Our interior is good, but the tackle spot is a mystery. I wasn't and am still not high on the Lil Kalil signing, and not because of the contract. He has declined every year since his rookie year. Am I suppose to believe that he has really been chronically injured this whole time and now that he is here with Ryan he is suppose to magically be healthy and perform? I'm not saying it isn't possible- I'm not saying he's def going to suck either. I just have no clue. I think it's a big time gamble from Gman. I hope it works out. And I desperately want to be proved wrong about it too. I hope he fills the hole that's been there since Gross left as a long term solution. And the other thing that worries me that is the coaching staff. Everyone talks about Shula but I'm not high on RR. He took zero accountability in his post season presser- as apposed to Gman who acknowledged his mistakes. I've never really liked him- I'm really wondering if Riverboat was just fools gold. He just feels like Fox 2.0- don't think he can't get us a Lombardi- which is sad because I feel like our roster can. Again, I hope I'm wrong about this. These two things plus our division- The NFCS will be a dogfight this year. 
    • Yeah we fell asleep..the offensive like ducked and the secondary ducked til Bradbury and the other kid stepped up.. but season was done.. need a healthy o-Lind this year and execute or these new weapons are pointless

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle