Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Change in draft philosophy should be expected

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah. Practically speaking, they have to draft as if Rivera will be here next season and beyond, and Gettleman's given every indication he'll do just that.

Posted

Theres no guarantee Rivera will be here next year, so not so sure about the system thing. Just draft players to build around Cam and Luke that would work in any coaches system.

GM has already stated what he believes in....system doesn't really matter to a degree.

He wants guys on the line.....and guys who score TDs. His words.

Posted

Theres no guarantee Rivera will be here next year, so not so sure about the system thing. Just draft players to build around Cam and Luke that would work in any coaches system.

GM has already stated what he believes in....system doesn't really matter to a degree.

He wants guys on the line.....and guys who score TDs. His words. System doesn't change that.

Posted

My guess we will go cheap on defense and continue with the bend not break strategy and draft players that will either protect Cam or give him more threats on offense.We have our DEs in place and need to either re-sign or sign a couple DTs and safties.

On offense we need a guy like Jacoby jones who can fill the need of a returner and solid wr.My guess we will draft either an OT or OG.I know we came in a close second with Jones last year but he chose the Ravens because he did not think he would get the ST plays.He would have been a huge impact player if we could have snagged him last year

Posted

I'll be happy to see us not trading away future picks every draft.

Posted

I'll be happy to see us not trading away future picks every draft.

ditto.

trading day two or three picks for established vets would be fine, but for long shot projects? nah....

Posted

My guess we will go cheap on defense and continue with the bend not break strategy and draft players that will either protect Cam or give him more threats on offense.We have our DEs in place and need to either re-sign or sign a couple DTs and safties.

On offense we need a guy like Jacoby jones who can fill the need of a returner and solid wr.My guess we will draft either an OT or OG.I know we came in a close second with Jones last year but he chose the Ravens because he did not think he would get the ST plays.He would have been a huge impact player if we could have snagged him last year

Keep in mind....just bc we have 2 DEs in place it doesn't mean we wouldn't draft another as BPA.

If we have leaned anything from the NYG....it is that they don't believe you can have enough of them. Also helps you not end up in a bind forced to overpay a DE bc you only have one legit body on your DL. Gives team leverage.

Posted

considering that our philosophy under Fox/Hurney was 'draft the best player available and try to cram him into your system/position of need,' I'll take either one of those.

Posted

When did Jacoby Jones become a "need it" player? I know he had a great Superbowl but so did Timmy Smith for the Redskins.

Posted

When did Jacoby Jones become a "need it" player? I know he had a great Superbowl but so did Timmy Smith for the Redskins.

A stud returner has been a "need it" for at least 5 or 6 years now.

Posted

A stud returner has been a "need it" for at least 5 or 6 years now.

in before "but what games have we lost because of our returner?"

Posted

but what games have we lost because of our returner?

:)

1 person likes this