#1 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,640 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Mint Hill police are looking for two pit bull dogs that attacked a horse Wednesday and were last seen a short distance from a middle school.
The horse, Joker, died after the attack. Authorities are not sure if the death was directly due to the attack, as the horse was more than 30 years old.
The attack occurred on Dan Hood Road, off Idlewild Road across from Rice Road. It was on the same road where two pit bulls attacked the horse and its caregiver, Bill Williamson, in February 2011.
Williamson suffered a heart attack during that event. The two dogs were euthanized. It is not clear if the dogs responsible for Wednesday’s attack were owned by the same person.
Mint Hill police say the two dogs, named Bubba and Chucky, were last seen Wednesday evening near Dan Hood Road and Idlewild Road. That is a short distance from Mint Hill Middle School, where administrators sent a message home to parents, saying extra law enforcement personnel had been assigned to the school to protect students, staff and visitors. http://www.charlotte...dogs-loose.html
Comment on the article from Klector: I live next to the man whose horse was killed. The dogs belong to the same bonehead that owned the dogs from the previous attacks... that's right, plural, attackS!. in 2011, the dogs escaped and attacked the horse but the owner chased them away and called the police. The police told the owner to make sure they secured the dogs. Two weeks later, they escaped and attacked the horse again. That is when the owner had the heart attack while chasing the dogs away. Only after the SECOND bloody attack did the police take the dogs and put them down.
Less than a month later, the bonehead had more dogs. They have escaped a few times and nothing has been done. Now they killed the horse and are still loose. I have a son and wife that walk our dog daily and they are at risk of being attacked in our own neighborhood.

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

#2 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,878 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Ain't nobudy gonna tell me what to do with muh dogs/guns/trash.

#3 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,163 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Carry a gun.

#4 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,640 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Even the most well behaved animals, having minds of their own, can be unpredictable. Those desiring pets with the physical strength and purposeful breeding of pit bulls (to attack and bring down large livestock), should have to complete an owners training course and construct a secure containment area prior to actual ownership.

#5 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,640 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Carry a gun.

Guns are certainly more predictable than animals, who have minds of their own. However, dogs are an excellent way to discourage break-ins, without having to actually brandish a firearm. Properly trained and emotionally stable owners go a long way to preventing tragic outcomes regardless of your choice.

#6 Django 2 Chainz

Django 2 Chainz

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationHustlin' in the streets

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Those dogs are a reflection of their owner. Maybe the owner should be put down.

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,350 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Generally, people only need their dog to bark to be able to protect their property. Most guys with these type dogs have some sort of wierd ego thing going on, or worse. Who in the world would even want to own some animal that was prone to kill "anything" if it got loose. I would worry night and day about something like that.

#8 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Blame the owner, not the dog.

#9 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,712 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

All pit bull owners should have to register their dogs and be criminally liable for anything bad they do.

#10 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Better than letting them starve to death I guess.

#11 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

No please, tell me more about this Amway....sounds promising

• HUDDLER
  • 4,964 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Generally, people only need their dog to bark to be able to protect their property. Most guys with these type dogs have some sort of wierd ego thing going on, or worse. Who in the world would even want to own some animal that was prone to kill "anything" if it got loose. I would worry night and day about something like that.

I have a 10 yr old girl n a a border collie. I'm surrounded by Pitt Bull owners. They get loose all the time bc they dig under their fences. From my window you can see that he got giant rocks, cinder blocks to keep the bulls from digging out.

My mild mannered Border Collie plays chase through the fence with them. To him it's a fun game... for them it's a " if I get out your throat will be ripped!"

I know they can be nice if raised correctly but in my experience they are dumb killers...that bark are everything non stop!!

#12 TheAmericanDream

TheAmericanDream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationTriad

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

All pit bull owners should have to register their dogs and be criminally liable for anything bad they do.

Well said!

#13 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

The dog owners need to be held in great liability I think. They may not be able to fully control the animals but they could have prevented this by being responsible.

#14 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Those dogs are a reflection of their owner. Maybe the owner should be put down.

It's not just the owners it's also the breeders.

You want a smaller dog you breed two smaller dogs and over time you get mini, teacup, etc

The same can apply to temperament

#15 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,974 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

http://www.carolinah...page__hl__bulls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.