Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Other team's cuts...

230 posts in this topic

Name a LT that isn't going to want comparable money to what Gross is already making?

We should probably just get both guys to restructure, as just straight out cutting them doesn't save us a tremendous amount of money. We'd just have to pay in free agency or use the draft for new starters.

this would be optimal.

we have enough weak spots/holes on the roster without creating more that we'd have to not just go through the hassle of trying to fill but pay for.

we're in deep enough doo doo as it is without piling on more.

Name a true starting caliber LT that isn't going to want comparable money to what Gross is already making?

ftfy.

there just isn't a glut of available talent out there at OT. even though this is going to be a buyers market for the most part doesn't mean that we'll find guys better or just as good as gross without paying out the ear.

If the Ravens were to release Boldin.. He's going to retire

Anquan Boldin told NBC's Erik Kuselias that he intends to retire if the Ravens release him this offseason.

"They will be his last team," passes along Kuselias. The Baltimore Sun reported late this week that the cap-strapped Ravens would prefer to sign Boldin to a contract extension, reducing his salary cap number. Currently, Boldin is owed a non-guaranteed salary of $6 million. Set to commit upwards of $20 million to Joe Flacco, GM Ozzie Newsome will have to get creative to keep Boldin.

If the Ravens were to release Boldin.. He's going to retire

He's saying that now but no way does he retire at 32.

I can see him retiring for a couple years... Then realizing he made a huge mistake and comes back to the league

Wouldn't you if you could?

Wouldn't you if you could?

Exactly. He probably has ten million dollars tax free if not more in the bank and won't even have to work another day in his life if he manages his money at all. I can readily see where he figures he is ready to retire if he can't help Baltimore defend it's Super bowl title next year. After all he would be going out on top. In football what else is there for him to do?

who wouldnt retire at 32? plus he could go into a different path but still be apart of football like coaching or the media aspect.

going into coaching is definitely not retiring. It's four times the work for a quarter the pay.

As for Gross or Gamble? Yes, I'd definitely prefer both stay restructured with a year or two added. People make a massive deal about Gamble being almost 30 (Gross will be 33). Both have years left. You can't replace LT cheaply. You can replace CB cheaply, and get crap production. I guess that's OK for some but I'd rather be a legitimately good defense.