Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possible FA move no one is talking about

29 posts in this topic

Posted

J Shockey was in Charlotte today...just saying.

Posted

J Shockey was in Charlotte today...just saying.

pics or it didn't happen. moar pics of his soon to be ex-wife will also suffice.

Posted

TEDDY "MOTHERFUGGING" GINN, JR.

Posted

TEDDY "MOTHERFUGGING" GINN, JR.

one trick pony, next.

Posted

one trick pony, next.

Return men. We have none.

Deep threats. We have an old one.

Cheap FAs. Not many.

Whose next?

Posted

Keller, Pitta, Cook, Bennett....

heck, even a Ben Watson IMO would be an upgrade over Barney. He possibly could be had for very cheap. Local kid....but I am bias as I think he also had one of the greatest plays in NFL playoff history.

Wouldnt mind Keller or Pitta for their playmaking ability but they both are lower grades of Olsen, that being poor in the run blocking area... Pitta typically was taken out for Dickson (or the other guy #86) on running downs... Cook doesnt look to bad but I dont see him as a real threat to many linebackers as he isnt the fastest and doesnt get much separation while Bennett hasnt shown to be/play consistently anywhere he has played

Walker is probably the most athletic and well-rounded TE in FA this offseason... just dont know how much he would need to not re-sign with the 9ers

Posted

I'm sure the Ravens are gonna extend Pitta's contract after he just had a breakout season...he has pretty good chemistry with Flacco. That's of course assuming they're not dead broke after giving Flacco his new contract...

Posted

Wouldnt mind Keller or Pitta for their playmaking ability but they both are lower grades of Olsen, that being poor in the run blocking area... Pitta typically was taken out for Dickson (or the other guy #86) on running downs... Cook doesnt look to bad but I dont see him as a real threat to many linebackers as he isnt the fastest and doesnt get much separation while Bennett hasnt shown to be/play consistently anywhere he has played

Walker is probably the most athletic and well-rounded TE in FA this offseason... just dont know how much he would need to not re-sign with the 9ers

I thought Bennett was great this year...I'd take the guy who played in NY and pair him with Olsen.

Posted

I'm sure the Ravens are gonna extend Pitta's contract after he just had a breakout season...he has pretty good chemistry with Flacco. That's of course assuming they're not dead broke after giving Flacco his new contract...

I think they keep Boldin. Which means Pitta could be gone. Boldin was too huge in making Flacco look good this year

Posted

I agree. Cam would be better in a two te set

Posted

The Panthers wont bring in Walker. They will say him and Tolbert have the same skill set.

Posted

Well, we're going to have to sign or draft somebody at TE because Olsen and 1 practice squad guy are all we have on the books for 2013 as of right now.

I agree that 2 TE sets have been very effective for us over the last 2 years.