Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

"Black" and "White" family accuse Disney of Racism

58 posts in this topic

Zod - "Racism is a part of life, get used to it and stop complaining"

I guess I'm confused on this one... if there are two separate families involved, then yeah, something definitely happened, but as Hatter said, it isn't due to Disney's policies or anything like that... just some rogue employee.

$500 and VIP passes sound like a good deal to me... but yeah, I'd want the guy fired too... surprising that Disney didn't do that already.

I would like more details on the situation.

Considering the volume of visitors and diversity if them, I would expect hundreds of complaints at least if this were true.

Zod - "Racism is a part of life, get used to it and stop complaining"

It wasn't racism. The kid was overlooked by a half blinded employee in a costume. Happens to tons of kids of all races every day. Hell I've seen sir purr pass by some kids and say hi to others. Guess he is racist too?

The wrong thing to do here is assume its racism based on nothing and drive the point home to the kid that if things don't go his way, it's obviously due to racism. That in itself is racist.

I would like to see that tough love approach you would bring to their children, zod.

"Sorry kids, you're just too disgusting to touch. Oh well that's life."

Do you apply that method to all types of discrmination? Gender? Sexual Orientation? Just stop acting like victims?

Considering the volume of visitors and diversity if them, I would expect hundreds of complaints at least if this were true.

It wasn't racism. The kid was overlooked by a half blinded employee in a costume. Happens to tons of kids of all races every day. Hell I've seen sir purr pass by some kids and say hi to others. Guess he is racist too?

The wrong thing to do here is assume its racism based on nothing and drive the point home to the kid that if things don't go his way, it's obviously due to racism. That in itself is racist.

Yeah, when I said "something happened" I wasn't assuming racism... I have no clue. The guy in the costume could have just literally not seen them, who knows?

I would like to see that tough love approach you would bring to their children, zod.

"Sorry kids, you're just too disgusting to touch. Oh well that's life."

Do you apply that method to all types of discrmination? Gender? Sexual Orientation? Just stop acting like victims?

It wasn't racism.

Have you ever been to Disney? Lol

Maybe, maybe not, but if I said hi to every (black) person on the street, and turned my nose up at you, you would assume it was racial motivated.

Disney isn't the problem. Disney isn't racist, but the employee very well may be, and didn't want to touch the children. I don't think that is that hard to believe.

Maybe, maybe not, but if I said hi to every (black) person on the street, and turned my nose up at you, you would assume it was racial motivated.

If you were wearing a crazy mask that half blinded you and chaos all around, probably not.

If Zod had read the account he'd realize it's a little bit more than just ignoring them. But when you have the much dissonance you tend to make up the story in your head.

Kinda like he knows what happened without even being there.

Disney isn't the problem. Disney isn't racist, but the employee very well may be, and didn't want to touch the children. I don't think that is that hard to believe.

Do you think racist people seek employment at the most diverse place in the country and are able to pass all if the interviews and personality tests? Doubtful.