• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,284 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

All medical procedures carry risk.

Three Georgia boys die unexpectedly after dental procedure
ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA) -
CBS Atlanta News is breaking an exclusive investigation into what caused three Georgia boys to lose their lives following what should have been routine medical procedures.
All three boys, ages 14 to 21, died within a month of each other in a string of tragic and bizarre deaths. They all had their wisdom teeth extracted 16 to 72 hours before they died. http://www.cbsatlant...ntal-proceedure

#17 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,774 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

also just to catch everyone up, the real reason g5jamz supports measures that would force abortion providers to have admitting privileges to stay open is because in places like mississippi, where such a law was passed and then subsequently blocked via court injunction last year, hospitals have demonstrated that they'll never grant the one or two abortion clinics in the entire state admitting privileges. because there's no mechanism forcing a hospital to grant admitting privileges to abortion clinics, they're pretty much just railroaded out of the state.

so boom: abortion effectively banned, no heavy lifting required, don't have to think or care at all about how anybody will be affected by it. getting things done the social conservative way.

#18 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,284 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

we better not limit abortion in any way or we'll just end up with roving gangs of outlaw abortion doctors terminating late term pregnancies all over the place

You mean, just like things were in this country before abortion was legalized in 1973?
"A lot of people don’t even realize that there were entire wards where women who had either been butchered by people who were taking their money or had self-inflicted wounds to deal with unwanted pregnancies. That was something that many health care workers were aware of at the time. It was part of what helped people get galvanized to say there has to be a different way." http://www.counterpu...ion-before-roe/ As the availability of legally induced abortion increased, mortality due to abortion dropped sharply: The number of abortion-related deaths per million live births fell from nearly 40 in 1970 to eight in 1976.28 The trend was caused mainly by a decline in the absolute number of deaths from illegal abortion—especially after Roe v. Wade—from 39 in 1972 to two in 1976.29 After 1975, mortality due to legally induced abortion also fell—from more than three deaths per 100,000 abortions in 1975 to about one in 1976 and even fewer thereafter.30
The main reason for the reductions in both morbidity and mortality is that legally induced abortion is markedly safer than illegally induced abortion. Moreover, legal abortion is safer than the third choice available to pregnant women—continuing a pregnancy to term.31 For example, in 2000, 23% of births were abdominal (cesarean) deliveries, whereas fewer than 1% of suction curettage procedures required intra-abdominal surgery.32 Therefore, a woman carrying a pregnancy to term has several hundred times the risk of requiring major surgery of a woman undergoing suction abortion. Furthermore, in the 1970s, the risk of death related to induced abortion at 16 weeks' gestation or earlier was one-seventh that related to pregnancy and childbirth, even after adjustment for study year, age and race.33 Today, legal abortion is less likely than an injection of penicillin to cause death. http://www.guttmache...ls/3502503.html

#19 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,615 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

I personally dont agree with abortion. Personally. If i got a girl pregnant i would want the child. But so often Americans are in there own little worlds. There is a word called "empathy." I asked my father at a young age what that meant. He said it is putting yourself in someone elses shoes. Empathy to a degree has formed my political stance on most issues and particularly this one. Eight months pregnant is ridiculous, but what drove this woman to think this was the option. Absolutely crazy.

#20 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

When I read the thread title I assumed the woman turned lesbian.

#21 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,774 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

You mean, just like things were in this country before abortion was legalized in 1973?
"A lot of people don’t even realize that there were entire wards where women who had either been butchered by people who were taking their money or had self-inflicted wounds to deal with unwanted pregnancies. That was something that many health care workers were aware of at the time. It was part of what helped people get galvanized to say there has to be a different way." http://www.counterpu...ion-before-roe/ As the availability of legally induced abortion increased, mortality due to abortion dropped sharply: The number of abortion-related deaths per million live births fell from nearly 40 in 1970 to eight in 1976.28 The trend was caused mainly by a decline in the absolute number of deaths from illegal abortion—especially after Roe v. Wade—from 39 in 1972 to two in 1976.29 After 1975, mortality due to legally induced abortion also fell—from more than three deaths per 100,000 abortions in 1975 to about one in 1976 and even fewer thereafter.30
The main reason for the reductions in both morbidity and mortality is that legally induced abortion is markedly safer than illegally induced abortion. Moreover, legal abortion is safer than the third choice available to pregnant women—continuing a pregnancy to term.31 For example, in 2000, 23% of births were abdominal (cesarean) deliveries, whereas fewer than 1% of suction curettage procedures required intra-abdominal surgery.32 Therefore, a woman carrying a pregnancy to term has several hundred times the risk of requiring major surgery of a woman undergoing suction abortion. Furthermore, in the 1970s, the risk of death related to induced abortion at 16 weeks' gestation or earlier was one-seventh that related to pregnancy and childbirth, even after adjustment for study year, age and race.33 Today, legal abortion is less likely than an injection of penicillin to cause death. http://www.guttmache...ls/3502503.html

well it was intended more as a dumb play on anti-gun control arguments but it is true that there was a thriving underground abortion industry long before 1973

#22 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,701 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

Similarities abound between the right and their 2nd amendment loyalties, defense, steadfastness against change the the lefts same reactions to the abortion "right"

Neither side want ANY restrictions due to fear that it all will come tumbling down in front of their eyes. Both sides point fingers at the opposition with the most outlandish accusations. Neither group want to sit down with the other for common sense "brainstorming" on how to make things better or more humane. I think both sides fear losing a political tool to be brandished every four years moreso than they care about the residuals of the policies they hold so dear.

#23 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

Similarities abound between the right and their 2nd amendment loyalties, defense, steadfastness against change the the lefts same reactions to the abortion "right"

Neither side want ANY restrictions due to fear that it all will come tumbling down in front of their eyes. Both sides point fingers at the opposition with the most outlandish accusations. Neither group want to sit down with the other for common sense "brainstorming" on how to make things better or more humane. I think both sides fear losing a political tool to be brandished every four years moreso than they care about the residuals of the policies they hold so dear.

There are common issues "most" can agree on. Like exceptions...unfortunately though...the left and judges simpathetic classify "life of mother" as more than just direct physical threats to her life. Like mental instability...etc.

There's also a reason nearly zero docs perform late-term abortions. You know...the ones that republicans were lambasted at for banning something that "never" happens. Kinda like voter fraud.

#24 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,701 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

I agree. Generally the life of the mother is what is espoused, but when put into law, they quote the "health" of the mother, which could basically mean anything.

#25 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,074 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

There's probably been more man hours spent typing into and reading this thread than have been spent on third trimester abortions in the past year.

#26 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,968 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Eight months?

I don't care how liberal you are, that's murder.

Haha, hope it was worth it wh0re...

#27 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,774 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Eight months?

I don't care how liberal you are, that's murder.

Haha, hope it was worth it wh0re...

unless the fetus was no longer viable, this procedure was almost certainly illegal in maryland and the practitioner will likely be charged with murder at the conclusion of the investigation.

you may now continue being self-righteous and calling dead people names.

#28 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,284 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

This was produced by an anti-abortion organization, hardly objective. What is missing? Any information as to why the abortion was performed. The author had ample time and space to use inflammatory language but not on word about the issues that led the mother to make such a difficult decision. Why? Because anti-abortionists could care less about the mother and her unborn child's health issues, those FACTS would undermine their agenda. That should tell you all you need to know. This propaganda piece is written for non-critical thinkers and explains why major media, even FOX with it's own axe to grind, chose not to covered this "story".

#29 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,968 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

unless the fetus was no longer viable, this procedure was almost certainly illegal in maryland and the practitioner will likely be charged with murder at the conclusion of the investigation.

you may now continue being self-righteous and calling dead people names.

No need to go that route london, we're cool man...

I'm not being self-righteous. There is a difference between making a simple mistake and being completely irresponsible and irreverent of the value of human life... Which she and her doctor were (the latter), and thus, she justly got what she deserved and when this idiot death dealer gets convicted for double murder, he will get what he deserves as well.

It's not hard to sound self-righteous when talking about people whom everyone can find despicable.

What's the difference between calling her names after the fact and, for example, insulting a person who killed a child out of the womb and then committed suicide? This is essentially the same thing.

How do you feel bad for someone like that?

#30 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,701 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

I think placing value on all life is the key. The best situation would have been if the mom was depressed, or out of money, or the baby daddy left her, or whatever, would have been for her to have had the baby and put it up for adoption. I don't think the symptoms above would have been relieved by the "procedure" she went through.

Does anyone actually know how an 8 month old is aborted?

I also do not think the abortion doc has much of an conscience being that he could perform this kind of thing. I doubt then that he will lose much sleep about the mom. If it were a true emergency, as many are, then regular docs could have probably helped. The fact that she went to this guy probably says a lot about the "causes and underlying factors".

I suppose we could all fill in the blanks to make it better fit our feelings on the subject, but bottom line, a baby who could have been most likely fine through a C section is no longer. And so also is the mother gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com