Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Profootballfocus' Team Needs For the Carolina Panthers.

42 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Barden is a great idea. I think he might be more talented than lafell. Dorsey would also get me fired up. That way the team could focus on the ol and secondary in the draft....lets hope gettleman magic is in effect.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Growl' timestamp='1360511904' post='2131010']
This team gains nothing by adding Barden.
[/quote]

I would have said that before Barden torched us. Haven't seen too many of our WRs not named Smith have a game like that. None actually in a few years.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='top dawg' timestamp='1360636507' post='2132615']

I would have said that before Barden torched us. Haven't seen too many of our WRs not named Smith have a game like that. None actually in a few years.
[/quote]we are the only team he's ever looked any good against.

only reason i would want him on this team is to keep him from being on another team and torching our D. i wouldn't expect him to look anything like that against any other team.

Posted · Report post

Are the ratings from PFF accurate in measuring a player's game? I already know that 'experts' from ESPN are bs, but can you count on PFF?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='iamhubby1' timestamp='1360536142' post='2131441']
How come almost every name they give us is coming off some sort of injury? I realize we need to go cheap, but do our cheap guys all need to be recovering from an injury?

There are going to be a whole lot of cheap guys out there this year. Maybe we should look at the healthy guys first, then settle for what we can get later.
[/quote]

PFF isn't game planning for Rivera/FO, but to include gaining solid talent at a cheap price in an article requires another factor, like injuries from a previous year, or else we aren't talking cheap.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bleys' timestamp='1360682443' post='2132906']
PFF isn't game planning for Rivera/FO, but to include gaining solid talent at a cheap price in an article requires another factor, like injuries from a previous year, or else we aren't talking cheap.
[/quote]

Ok, maybe cheap is the wrong word. How about inexpensive? We are talking one year contracts here. Reasonable pay, for a reasonbly good player. There very well could be a ton of guys, that fit that bill, looking for a job. Why not here?

Use the draft wisely, and fill in some holes with inexpensive FAs. That just may get us where we want to go.

By all accounts Gettlemen has been locked in the film room evaluating our team. If he sees a need that can be filled at a reasonble price. Why not go for it? I trust him to do whatever he can to help Rivera build a solid team. And I don't believe it takes a lot of money to do so. Especially this year.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='iamhubby1' timestamp='1360690913' post='2133039']
Ok, maybe cheap is the wrong word. How about inexpensive? We are talking one year contracts here. Reasonable pay, for a reasonbly good player. There very well could be a ton of guys, that fit that bill, looking for a job. Why not here?

Use the draft wisely, and fill in some holes with inexpensive FAs. That just may get us where we want to go.

By all accounts Gettlemen has been locked in the film room evaluating our team. If he sees a need that can be filled at a reasonble price. Why not go for it? I trust him to do whatever he can to help Rivera build a solid team. And I don't believe it takes a lot of money to do so. Especially this year.
[/quote]

I think Gettleman will do everything he can to acquire reasonable talent that fits under the salary cap, but whether they are cheap, inexpensive, or affordable.. signing them, much less finding solid starters is the problem. Including those without injury history? good luck...

Posted · Report post

Good analysis, wouldn't mind having Schwartz back.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Daddy Uncle' timestamp='1360525089' post='2131270']

So basically another Louis Murphy/Legadu Naane?? Whooppeee!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Barden is no fugging joke man. Barden would be our best receiver. If we only added him at receiver this year I would feel like we greatly improved.

Posted · Report post

Good read, would love any of those FA options... Barden might be a guy to keep an eye on given Gettleman's background.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Razeyfingers' timestamp='1360532175' post='2131383']
pssst #2 spot opposite 89 is already taken. . no one talking about it yet. . . . . . Blankman is coming
[/quote]

Much of LeFells success comes from the slot

Posted · Report post

I think he will focus on core positions and we will be fill our roster with serviceable players.