Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Percy Harvin

43 posts in this topic

Posted

I would rather trade for Britt.

Posted

I have always loved Harvin and would take him in a heartbeat if we could afford him, which I doubt we could.

Posted

If we could work something out, It would be great. I would consider a 2nd. How could I not? Perhaps we could work out a deal for their third, also, and give us a better shot at obtaining another impact player at a position of need. It is really somewhat of a myth that Harvin is this great injury risk. Dude didn't really miss a bunch of games until last year. With his ability to catch, run and return, that would immediately give our already explosive offense, a nitrous oxide type burst.

If this guy becomes a real option for us, Ioad up the Percy Harvin bandwagon, I'm drivin!

Posted

I would rather not give up our 2nd round pick for a injury prone wr in a contract year, which might be the asking price.

I think Harvin is alright and all but he's too much of a question mark health wise.

Posted

a second? hell no

Posted

a second? hell no

Many of you seem to be balking at the idea of a second, but if you look at his all-purpose yards, you would realize that Harvin is a beast. If we can get him at the right price (and the right period), he could easily turn into an excellent value with realistic, day-one game-changing impact.

Posted

Many of you seem to be balking at the idea of a second, but if you look at his all-purpose yards, you would realize that Harvin is a beast. If we can get him at the right price (and the right period), he could easily turn into an excellent value with realistic, day-one game-changing impact.

look at what randy moss got traded for in his prime.

no way we give up a second, and no way they expect to land a second for him.

Posted

players like Harvin, who have been in the lg for 4 seasons or so and never played a complete season because of various injuries, these are players that shouldnt be valued too high

Posted

Trading Gamble for Harvin might seem like a good idea but I don't know if it's possible. From my understanding, trades aren't allowed until the new season is open. We would need to be under the cap by that point which means Gamble would likely be gone. The only way we could deal him is if we were to somehow get under the cap without cutting him.

As far as draft picks, we cannot and will not offer a 2nd because we already gave up our 3rd to move up for Frank Alexander. I could see us potentially offering a 4th round pick but I think another team would outbid us. Brandon Marshall went for two 3rd round picks and I expect Harvin to go for about the same.

Maybe we could offer a 4th this year and a 3rd next? I know it seems steep but, in my opinion, a guy like Harvin is worth every penny. Especially considering our offense and his potential with Cam. Harvin is playmaker and that is exactly what this team needs.

Posted

love percy but hes always injured/migrane, locke room problem and hes only a slot wr......fits better in new england.

Posted

He's only a slot WR?

The slot WR is becoming a very valuable position in the league. And he is pretty damn good at it. He is also a great return man. His all-purpose yards are impressive. I understand the concern about his migraines but a guy like him is well worth.

He is the definition of a playmaker.

Posted

And just because he is unhappy in Minnesota doesn't mean he's a diva or a locker room problem. Have you never had a job where you weren't happy with your employer? As far as I've read, he doesn't have issues with other players in the locker room. It's the management that he is upset with.