Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$2.2 billion in free cellphones were given out last year, more than 40% never had to prove they were elligible

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Let's see, Bronn and Delhommey win prize for introducing race before the second page of thread.

One side says waste is okay because there was other waste.

Now we're getting somewhere!!

Posted

Everything G5 wants to talk about involves race. Specifically, the government giving money in any form to someone from a specific race, supports changing laws proven to suppress a specific races voter turnout, whether a shooter is a certain percentage of a specific race that shot a person of a specific hoodie wearing race, and on and on.

It's not exactly a secret.

Posted

Let's see, Bronn and Delhommey win prize for introducing race before the second page of thread.

One side says waste is okay because there was other waste.

Now we're getting somewhere!!

never mind the fact that OP directly referenced a comedy sketch about reparations and point the race finger at someone else

/stirs

Posted

Im pretty sure those cell phone will double as Drone target devices...eventually.

Bronn- correct on that, no defense or way out of what that intention, motivation and inspiration. Pure fingerpointing that is Minority-centric.

Posted

never mind the fact that OP directly referenced a comedy sketch about reparations and point the race finger at someone else

/stirs

That's how every Chapelle show ends. Completely forgot about the specific sketch. By the way...this program isn't race dependent.

Posted

I'm surprised these corporations took advantage of the system...surprised.

Posted

Almost any time you insert government subsidies to the free market...prices rise. See housing, student loans, etc.

Posted

I'm surprised these corporations took advantage of the system...surprised.

System should not have been there in the first place.

Posted

i try to come into every new G5 thread with an open mind. i really do. and somehow i'm always left with my jaw on the floor

I bet the only reason he posted it is because he thinks they are 'Obamaphones'.

He probably doesnt even realize that his hero GWB actually started the program...

Posted

I bet the only reason he posted it is because he thinks they are 'Obamaphones'.

He probably doesnt even realize that his hero GWB actually started the program...

Not sure that GWB was anyone's hero.

I am a staunch Republican.....and GWB was an idiot.

That is the diff in most Repubs and Dems....we know Bush was an idiot and a mistake. He did harm to the economy and position of the US. Dems have not come to understand that about Obama yet. He IS taking us into ridiculous levels of debt. And, it is harming this country.

Except for the core Dem constituents......whole damn party is based on voters who want one more thing for free. Handouts are the best way to get votes...and the Dems have perfected it.

Posted

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME11.jpg

Posted

BUT TEH HEALTHCAREZ

The rate of increase in health spending, 3.9 percent in 2011, was the same as in 2009 and 2010 — the lowest annual rates recorded in the 52 years the government has been collecting such data.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/08/us/health-spending-growth-stays-low-for-third-straight-year.html