Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaSock

Wrestling voted out of the Olympics

CarolinaSock    302

http://espn.go.com/olympics/wrestling/story/_/id/8939185/ioc-drops-wrestling-2020-olympics

They were deciding between wrestling and modern pentathlon, and went with modern pentathlon, what the hell.

stirs    6,508

Gotta have more snychronized swimming I suppose. There are tons of things I would take out before wrestling.

Brooklyn Bully    2,014

I don't know which way to respond...

1) Homophobic rednecks everywhere are cheering over this news

2) High school wrestlers everywhere are quitting, forcing the ringworm medcine business to lose millions

Bronn    4,339

We could just stop recognizing people for their obsessively developed athletic skills and reward their countries for actual deserving things like "lowest poverty rate" but noooo, we want to see who can run the fastest...

KendrickPanther    7,012

Yeah this is wrong but you have to understand the politics. The majority of the worlds population and buying power is shifting to Asia and they are taking over the Olympics. You will see more and more Asian dominated sports in the Olympics and less sports like Baseball and Softball. The general consesus of the world right now is "FU United States". They are grabbing whatever they can. Third world countries and middle eastern deserts are being chosen to host the World Cup over the US. Why? Because "FU America, we don't want your filthy money."

KendrickPanther    7,012

Japan loves Baseball. I'm not sure about China but I'm pretty sure they don't care. India prefers Cricket over baseball and Pakistan is big in field hockey/cricket. Japan is not the big player in Asia. I'm talking billion+ populated nations.

Golf is very international. It's popular in Japan, Korea, Europe, South Africa, and North America. I'm not sure about the Chinese, it seems too aristocratic of a sport for a red nation.