Photo
- - - - -

Touchdown Scorer's(case for going WR early in draft).

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#211 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationFLORIDA
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

okay i see.

he played three years at florida A&M as wr.

#212 BigSyke

BigSyke

• LocationFLORIDA
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

most guys i saw only played 2 years like randy moss and came out......really cant find no guys who did it with one year.

#213 Rags

Rags

help

• LocationButtsville, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

There isn't any, no one's even saying there has been any.

But no one beisides koolkatluke thinks it's never going to happen.

#214 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

I actually hope koolkatwhateverthefug is right patterson drops to the second we grab him and a top dt or olineman i will cream everywhere

#215 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

I agree. I would love to have patterson--Marty abused the team by his inability to find talent at WR and DT and CB for that matter. We just cannot fix everything at once. Patterson would be nice, but if we ignore the right side of the line, we could have Jimmy C throwing to him.

I like Patton and Hunter in the second.

#216 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Personally, I want two playmaking starters with our first two picks. As long as they aren't a QB, RB, or LB I could give a rats azz what position they play. We have 7 on Offense, so I would prefer Defensive help. But as long as they are playmakers when they hit the field, position doesn't matter.

We scored 28 points or more in 4 of our last 6 games. If that trend continues, we will be able to go as far as our D will take us. Which is why I would prefer to add plamakers to this side of the ball. DB or DT, or both, that can hit the field running would mean a ton. We were above average last year. Throw in a couple more playmakers and we should be top 10.

We are close already. Adding two playmakers with our first two picks really can be the difference between making or not making the playoffs. Toss in a couple value FA at RG and TE and we are competitive with anyone.

WR is a need, just not a vital one. Using the 14th pick on an unknown quantity is a risk we cannot afford to take. Or maybe we can? Who knows what will transpire between now and the draft. Maybe we can afford to take Patterson. Use him for returns and mix in a few packages while we let him grow.

Under a perfect storm could we go WR. But hellz, why not?

#217 BigSyke

BigSyke

• LocationFLORIDA
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

oh yeah i love patton. i think he might be the best wr in this draft when its all said and done. should be their in the second round.

#218 Rags

Rags

help

• LocationButtsville, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

oh yeah i love patton. i think he might be the best wr in this draft when its all said and done. should be their in the second round.

Same same same.

I would love to have him in the second round.

#219 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

It's called the "Midround Blues". You feel like you are just outside of the elite zone. Having to pick from the leftovers can be frustrating, and unnerving. The scenarios to unload or move or even to escape this dreaded pick are endless. But in the end, you just know, you will get hosed by the guy you pick. Nobody ever gets good value at 14. We will take some scrub, because he was BPA, who really doesn't fit a need. If we could just trade down we maybe can avoid having to reach for some guy we don't even want. Man I hate 14. That number sucks.

On the other hand. If you divide 14 by 2, then multiply by 4, you get 28. Which just happens to be the amount of points we averaged during the second half of the season. Just thought I would leave that here.

#220 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

I actually hope koolkatwhateverthefug is right patterson drops to the second we grab him and a top dt or olineman i will cream everywhere

I actually like Hunter in the 2nd. When all is said and done I think he will be better then Patterson.

I also think Patton will be better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users