182 replies to this topic

#151 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

I also find it a little crystal ballish that you think Patterson has a higher celling. Why is that?
And please don't say all the kick returns and gimmick plays. Because we both know that if he develops into a number 1 WR. He won't be doing that stuff anymore. No team will risk their number 1 Wr like that. So please tell me how Patterson has more upside then Hunter.

#152 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,755 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

if you can't see why patterson has more upside than i do not know what to tell you. You can just watch and see.

#153 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

if you can't see why patterson has more upside than i do not know what to tell you. You can just watch and see.

If you can't come up with a reason then why even post this stupid poo?

#154 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,755 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

If you can't come up with a reason then why even post this stupid poo?

Because i can use my eyes, and the kid just has "it." I don't really know how to explain maybe i just watched his juke moves, his speed, his innate intelligence to play the game and that is what i describe as upside. you are a testy SOB aren't you?

#155 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Because i can use my eyes, and the kid just has "it." I don't really know how to explain maybe i just watched his juke moves, his speed, his innate intelligence to play the game and that is what i describe as upside. you are a testy SOB aren't you?

Yeah I love people who say a player has "it" and can't explain what "it" is.

Well let me try. I think Justin Hunter has "it". Any player that can come off a ACL injury. Still run a 4.48 and produce great college WR numbers like 73 rec. 1083 yards and 10 td has "it".

#156 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,755 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Yeah I love people who say a player has "it" and can't explain what "it" is.

I'll try my best.

He's "raw" so he doesn't have all the technical ability yet. Route running, catching with hands consistently, those are literally the only flaws in his game. Seriously.

He has "it" or he has "upside"

His work ethic is suppose to be very good, he is a great teammate, He is not a showboat (although this wouldn't bother me) and he seems to genuinely love the sport. While this might seem insignificant to you, you invest in these kinds of players, especially in the first round.

I look at him catch a ball in the flats or in the open field and INSTANTLY make a move upfield, displaying his athleticism dodging defenders seamlessly at the moment he catches the ball. This amount of quickness cannot be taught.

He has a nose for the game. When he is in the open field and he has blockers, he seems to find that direction to go to give him 10 to 20 more yards. He knows how to get to the pylons. This cannot be taught. This is crucial. This is what seperates him from Hunter imo. He has instincts to know how to score.

His height/speed/weight and the three things i mentioned before, go hand in hand for him having the "it" factor. If you combine all that with him progressing in his route running and catching with his hands (which he does, but yes he body catches some) you will have an insanely good reciever.

If he bulks up 10 more lbs and learns and becomes adept at route running and catching with his hands we will have a bona-fide superstar on our hands.

I know you will nitpick and disagree because i've read your posts for the past week but that is how i feel.

#157 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

I'll try my best.

He's "raw" so he doesn't have all the technical ability yet. Route running, catching with hands consistently, those are literally the only flaws in his game. Seriously.

He has "it" or he has "upside"

His work ethic is suppose to be very good, he is a great teammate, He is not a showboat (although this wouldn't bother me) and he seems to genuinely love the sport. While this might seem insignificant to you, you invest in these kinds of players, especially in the first round.

I look at him catch a ball in the flats or in the open field and INSTANTLY make a move upfield, displaying his athleticism dodging defenders seamlessly at the moment he catches the ball. This amount of quickness cannot be taught.

He has a nose for the game. When he is in the open field and he has blockers, he seems to find that direction to go to give him 10 to 20 more yards. He knows how to get to the pylons. This cannot be taught. This is crucial. This is what seperates him from Hunter imo. He has instincts to know how to score.

His height/speed/weight and the three things i mentioned before, go hand in hand for him having the "it" factor. If you combine all that with him progressing in his route running and catching with his hands (which he does, but yes he body catches some) you will have an insanely good reciever.

If he bulks up 10 more lbs and learns and becomes adept at route running and catching with his hands we will have a bona-fide superstar on our hands.

I know you will nitpick and disagree because i've read your posts for the past week but that is how i feel.

No I agree but I ask again what in your Breakdown can Hunter not do?
Beside the fact he is already a good route runner.

Hunter is taller longer and almost as fast (coming off a ACL injury) They weight about the same (4 or 5 pounds different). Hunter has a better vertical and can make jukes in the open field as well. Both can take a slant play to the house and Hunter gets more separation and respect from defenders. So again I ask what makes his upside less then Patterson?

#158 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

I also find it a little crystal ballish that you think Patterson has a higher celling. Why is that?
And please don't say all the kick returns and gimmick plays. Because we both know that if he develops into a number 1 WR. He won't be doing that stuff anymore. No team will risk their number 1 Wr like that. So please tell me how Patterson has more upside then Hunter.

He's the same size (one inch one way, a few pounds the other, but essentially the same size) as Hunter, but he's faster, quicker, and has better open-field vision. Those are the things you can't teach. Hunter's a more refined player now, but the difference in athleticism is where Patterson pulls ahead.

Also, you keep throwing out Hunter's stats, but without context. Three of his receiving touchdowns came against Troy. Three more came against Georgia State. One came against Akron. That leaves two (9 touchdowns, not ten like you've been saying).

#159 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hunter is taller longer and almost as fast (coming off a ACL injury) They weight about the same (4 or 5 pounds different). Hunter has a better vertical and can make jukes in the open field as well. Both can take a slant play to the house and Hunter gets more separation and respect from defenders. So again I ask what makes his upside less then Patterson?

You can't honestly believe that Hunter has the same speed, quickness, and open-field running ability as Patterson.

#160 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

You act like having an ACL injury isnt a big deal? why would we draft a second round Gettis. we need all our picks to be hits and not misses. health is a big factor.

#161 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

He's the same size (one inch one way, a few pounds the other, but essentially the same size) as Hunter, but he's faster, quicker, and has better open-field vision. Those are the things you can't teach. Hunter's a more refined player now, but the difference in athleticism is where Patterson pulls ahead.

Also, you keep throwing out Hunter's stats, but without context. Three of his receiving touchdowns came against Troy. Three more came against Georgia State. One came against Akron. That leaves two (9 touchdowns, not ten like you've been saying).

From what I've seen it's a 4.43 to a 4.48 and again Hunter was coming off a ACL injury and wasn't at full speed most of the year.

Then I can throw out stats because they were on the "same team". It's not like they played different competition unless you include the "fact" that teams put their best CB on Hunter. Also you can see from the film that teams would often shade coverage and double team Hunter. So yes stats can be used in this debate.

#162 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,755 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

I don't see it this way. I dunno I've watched several games of both. I just don't get that sense from Hunter. Maybe i need to watch more games. Patterson also looks more "solid" then Hunter if that makes sense. I know there build is about the same but Patterson looks "bigger." idk. fug it lets just draft one of them in the first and the other in the second.

#163 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

You can't honestly believe that Hunter has the same speed, quickness, and open-field running ability as Patterson.

Why can't i? I've already shown clips in this thread of Hunter jukeing the poo out of defender while running his route and after the catch. Patterson has more jukes but don't act like Hunter can't do it. And remember he was coming off a ACL and still able to make plays.

#164 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

I don't see it this way. I dunno I've watched several games of both. I just don't get that sense from Hunter. Maybe i need to watch more games. Patterson also looks more "solid" then Hunter if that makes sense. I know there build is about the same but Patterson looks "bigger." idk. fug it lets just draft one of them in the first and the other in the second.

He is thicker but Julio Jones is thicker then AJ Green both are very good Wr. Anquan Boldin is thicker then Randy Moss but who has been more injury prone?

#165 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

You act like having an ACL injury isnt a big deal? why would we draft a second round Gettis. we need all our picks to be hits and not misses. health is a big factor.

It's not with technology today and the fact he produced 1st round WR stats coming off that injury.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com