Photo
- - - - -

2nd Amendment Email

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#25 chris999

chris999

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Last time I can remember an actual, honest to god attempt by just people, with no state assistance, to overthrow the government happened in 1786/87. The fighters were armed with the same weapons as the states.

The MILITIA that was necessary for the security of the Free State was called out to stop it.

And they succeeded in stopping it quickly, leading to not only the complete disintegration of gun nuts wet dreams of today, but also led to the far more federal centric government we have today.

http://en.wikipedia....Shays_Rebellion

What happens when the elected government gets tired of threats post Shays Rebellion

http://en.wikipedia....iskey_Rebellion - at least they fought over booze and not guns.

In effect, people deciding to get their guns and go after the government for perceived injustices ended up in helping the government attain more power with the publics backing, and instead of anarchy based on people being nuts, we became the greatest nation in the history of the world.

[/sup]

No one brought up an overthrow of anything.

The second amendment is supposed to prevent that scenario from ever going too far in the first place. It is to defend Liberty, not to attack anyone.

#26 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Good luck with your semiautomatic AK versus drones and tanks bro.

Translation: "oh well they already have us beat. Might as well not even attempt to stand up against them if they become tyrannical. Lets just cower in the corner and do as they say."

Sounds like a forfeit to me. Pussy move.

#27 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

so if everyone is armed to the point of being able to defeat governmental forces at will, what's to stop states from dissolving into warring clans? what's to stop attempts at group autonomy at will if they cannot be stopped by some governing body? is it not dangerous for any group in the country to have the technological means to overthrow a government?

actually i'm going to make a thread about this after i flesh that thought out a little bit

#28 google larry davis

google larry davis

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

Translation: "oh well they already have us beat. Might as well not even attempt to stand up against them if they become tyrannical. Lets just cower in the corner and do as they say."

Sounds like a forfeit to me. Pussy move.

based on the posts in this forum the government is already tyrannical so why aren't you doing anything about it

sounds like a forfeit to me

#29 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

No one brought up an overthrow of anything.

The second amendment is supposed to prevent that scenario from ever going too far in the first place. It is to defend Liberty, not to attack anyone.

Thats kind of baloney, as the guys involved in Shays Rebellion were defending liberty, or more to the point, defeating what they considered tyranny. By George Washington and some other of the FF.

The definition means whatever you want it to mean. To a Mormon, perhaps bigamy laws are tyrranical and preventing him from enjoying the liberty God and Joseph Smith granted him.