Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Evidence that he was a threat or lible to kill someone:

Uhhhhhhhh well

Oh no. I'm sure the hospital was just waiting around hoping for someone to make a request like this so they could unleash the racism they'd been keeping under wraps for so long :rolleyes:

Heck, they probably only hired black nurses in the first place in the hopes that someday they'd have the chance to discriminate against them.

I mean, obviously these people just had to be racist, right? And after all, there's plenty of prior evidence found to support those charges.

Isn't there? :unsure:

#107 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

And yep a dodge. No one expected that.

#108 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,682 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

What's the dollar amount for pissing off an unstable guy and getting someone hurt or killed?

And the way you "see it" says more about you than it does about me.

If you can't debate well enough to debate on content and you have to resort to character jabs at people you have no clue about, it's pretty weak.

Once again you go back to the mind boggling racism by intimidation angle. This makes it totally acceptable am I right?

Exactly how is it that I "see it"? I'm assuming you are accusing me of race baiting which is laughable.

I think you are a smart guy, and seem nice. You need to look within yourself though. I'm sorry but I can't do it for you.

#109 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

And yep a dodge. No one expected that.

Nope. Just pointing out how silly your notions are.

Once again you go back to the mind boggling racism by intimidation angle. This makes it totally acceptable am I right?

Exactly how is it that I "see it"? I'm assuming you are accusing me of race baiting which is laughable.

I think you are a smart guy, and seem nice. You need to look within yourself though. I'm sorry but I can't do it for you.

What about any of this story sounds "acceptable" to you? And when has anyone suggested that it was?

It was a no-win situation for the hospital. They made what I and others would say was probably the best choice from a lousy set of options.

As far as "looking within myself" I already know myself quite well, and I'm pretty happy. But then I'm not the one following another poster around looking for chances to snipe, now am I?

#110 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,682 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Nope. Just pointing out how silly your notions are.

What about any of this story sounds "acceptable" to you? And when has anyone suggested that it was?

It was a no-win situation for the hospital. They made what I and others would say was probably the best choice from a lousy set of options.

As far as "looking within myself" I already know myself quite well, and I'm pretty happy. But then I'm not the one following another poster around looking for chances to snipe, now am I?

None of it sounds acceptable to me. It sickens me that child will likely grow up being spoon fed bigotry. The cycle continues.

I'd rather not read through all these pages again.

There were plenty of excuses and justifications made to normalize and downplay this scenario here.

#111 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

You dodged, then went back to edit your post to throw in a strawman and couple smiley faces.

I'm guessing you were there when he said "no black nurses or else ima gonna KILL EVERBODY". They weren't racist, they were just accomidating racist assholes, which they admitted was the wrong thing to do.

FACE.

#112 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

None of it sounds acceptable to me. It sickens me that child will likely grow up being spoon fed bigotry. The cycle continues.

I'd rather not read through all these pages again.

There were plenty of excuses and justifications made to normalize and downplay this scenario here.

Nobody was trying to do that. You're reading that into it out of your own biases.

Nobody in here was on this guy's side, or on the side of institutional racism. Nobody here wants to justify racism. The point of it was that the hospital wasn't acting in a racist manner. All anybody argued was that this wasn't a big money lawsuit worthy offense, just a crappy situation that happened because of a crappy person.

The whole point of the discussion was that the hospital didn't do this out of racism on their part. And unless you can find some indication that this hospital's been known for racist practices before, this case is a pretty weak one (as evidenced by the fact that the plaintiffs settled rather than pushing for a trial).

If you really think that seeing how they acted in this situation as not supporting racism is a sign of racism on the part of people here, I can't help you. That's a pretty sad way to look at things, though.

Try seeing the discussion for what it actually is rather than what you assume it is. You've shown in the past that you're at least capable of having a discussion without going the lowbrow route. You should have resisted that urge in this thread too.

#113 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

You dodged, then went back to edit your post to throw in a strawman and couple smiley faces.

I'm guessing you were there when he said "no black nurses or else ima gonna KILL EVERBODY". They weren't racist, they were just accomidating racist assholes, which they admitted was the wrong thing to do.

FACE.

I was as there as you were. The difference is I was actually capable of understanding the big picture situation rather than just prejudicially screaming "everybody's racist!"

But since you're taking this track, you do have some evidence that the hospital has been found to have racist practices before, right? I mean, you do have something other than just your spin to stand on, right?

Right?

#114 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,682 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Nobody was trying to do that. You're reading that into it out of your own biases.

Nobody in here was on this guy's side, or on the side of institutional racism. Nobody here wants to justify racism. The point of it was that the hospital wasn't acting in a racist manner. All anybody argued was that this wasn't a big money lawsuit worthy offense, just a crappy situation that happened because of a crappy person.

The whole point of the discussion was that the hospital didn't do this out of racism on their part. And unless you can find some indication that this hospital's been known for racist practices before, this case is a pretty weak one (as evidenced by the fact that the plaintiffs settled rather than pushing for a trial).

If you really think that seeing how they acted in this situation as not supporting racism is a sign of racism on the part of people here, I can't help you. That's a pretty sad way to look at things, though.

Try seeing the discussion for what it actually is rather than what you assume it is. You've shown in the past that you're at least capable of having a discussion without going the lowbrow route. You should have resisted that urge in this thread too.

Ugh... Mr. Scot, I am legitimately concerned for you.

There were people here comparing this to someone asking for only male or female nurses. I mean seriously?

The official statement from the hospital.
The Flint hospital says the conduct wasn't consistent with hospital policies and that it "fundamentally opposes" racial discrimination.

Yeah but they totally didn't facilitate racism or do anything remotely wrong. Nothing to see here guys.

#115 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

I mean other than the fact they had a sign that said "no african americans better touch this baby"?

Of course now that after the outcry they admitted that it was a racist thing to do and apologized. You seem to be alone in defending it saying it's not racist at this point.

#116 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Ugh... Mr. Scot, I am legitimately concerned for you.

There were people here comparing this to someone asking for only male or female nurses. I mean seriously?

The official statement from the hospital.

The Flint hospital says the conduct wasn't consistent with hospital policies and that it "fundamentally opposes" racial discrimination.

Yeah but they totally didn't facilitate racism or do anything remotely wrong. Nothing to see here guys.

That's the kind of statement I'd expect coming out of a legal situation like this. They were accused of being racist, and to avoid any perception those charges might be valid, they make an official statement that they're not. No shock.

If they're actually legitimately guilty of something, and that's as provable as you seem to think it is, why would the plaintiffs accept a quick, easy settlement rather than going for big bucks?

Me, HP and others predicted this was how it would come out, and it did. Actually was resolved way sooner than I thought it'd be. End of story.

#117 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

I mean other than the fact they had a sign that said "no african americans better touch this baby"?

Of course now that after the outcry they admitted that it was a racist thing to do and apologized. You seem to be alone in defending it saying it's not racist at this point.

So essentially you admit you've got zero to stand on other than your own opinion (and a weak one at that). Gotcha.

As mentioned above, this came out pretty much as HP, I and others expected it to because we were capable of seeing the whole situation rather than just going off assumptions.

And no, not alone. Just the only one posting at the moment.

If the plaintiffs had something they could win a big lawsuit with, why the quick settlement?

You've got nothing. The result didn't go your way. The only reason you're still posting is you still wanna find a way to spin it, but I'm afraid reality's just not on your side here.

Frankly, now that it's over, the discussion is actually kinda boring.

#118 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

why didn't the hospital take this to court if it was surely going to be ruled in their favor and dismiss them of any wrongdoing

that's how dumb that argument is. basically anyone will see this as a win to fit their own bias.

#119 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Mr Scot, just want to say thanks for trudging through the no so subtle insinuations to try and make a point that should be obvious to anyone not pushing an agenda.

#120 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

> I don't go off of any assumptions like yourself

> THAT GUY WAS PROBABLY GONNA KILL SOMEBODY BETTER DO WHAT HE SAYS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com