Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duke @ Maryland

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Tough game guys

Posted · Report post

Len all over Plumlee!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

lmao

Posted · Report post

22-3

Also Duke cant win when Mason plays poorly. Forced 26 turnovers and still lost.

Posted · Report post

Hahahahaha I would actually feel bad if Duke wasn't so overrated.

Guess that's the last time Duke will be in from of da U.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1361089690' post='2136984']
Hahahahaha I would actually feel bad if Duke wasn't so overrated.

Guess that's the last time Duke will be in from of da U.
[/quote]

That is true, Duke's record inflates their ranking. Honestly they dont have top ten talent, however they do have a top ten resume. Product of Coach K overachievement. I think that is why we go out early in the tourney some years. K gets them to play hard just about every game. However in the tournament everyone comes in amped to play. Less talented Duke teams consistently beats more talented teams during the regular season because they are more prepared. Without Kelly I do not expect a deep tourney run. Just being honest.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Building Leaper' timestamp='1361109671' post='2137008']
That is true, Duke's record inflates their ranking. Honestly they dont have top ten talent, however they do have a top ten resume. Product of Coach K overachievement. I think that is why we go out early in the tourney some years. K gets them to play hard just about every game. However in the tournament everyone comes in amped to play. Less talented Duke teams consistently beats more talented teams during the regular season because they are more prepared. Without Kelly I do not expect a deep tourney run. Just being honest.
[/quote]

Exactly, with Kelly Duke is a legit title contender and arguably the strongest team in the country. Without Kelly, I see a sweet 16 exit.

Posted · Report post

Hairston sucks, and jefferson is just too weak right now.

Posted · Report post

It has been quite a tough stretch for Duke with 4 games in 9 days and to come out with a 3-1 record is not so bad especially since in that stretch we got wins over NCSU and unc. Maryland also had the week off and they played pretty well, shooting 60% from the field they seemed a little more fresh compared to the Blue Devils. We really missed Kelly this game, we were absolutely dominated on the glass so hopefully he is back on the court by the Miami game. I also look at the game this way, as bad as Mason played we were still only one missed shot from winning that game. We are still 22-3 and are not far away from getting one of our best players back so it's not that bad in Durham.

Posted · Report post

Man i thought that qc shot was going in!

Posted · Report post

He definitely got a good look at it. I like how this team has had to fight in these last few games, I think they learn a lot from it. Wish we could have gotten Maryland but it wasn't meant to be onto VT.