Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Must read Shariff Floyd article

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/eagles/?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=191501061

New man crush?

Posted · Report post

Yes. The idea of getting Floyd in the 1st and maybe someone like TJ Barnes in the 6th sounds incredible to me. That way, we'd have a penetrating DT in Floyd and a run-stuffer in Barnes.

Posted · Report post

He's the only dt I want to take with the 1st pick besides star

Posted · Report post

[quote name='IamSoClutch' timestamp='1361122202' post='2137084']
He's the only dt I want to take with the 1st pick besides star
[/quote]

Agree completely. I'm not even sure he lasts till 14 tbh. Have a feeling he's going to crush the combine and become a top ten lock....

Posted · Report post

north philly is really, really rough. It literally looked like a warzone when i was there. The dude sounds like hes got a good head on his shoulders. Damn this DT class is really good.

Posted · Report post

Great Interview. I would put money on this guy as our first round pick. He would bust his ass everyday to be the best he can be.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy6iz8pklNA[/media]

Posted · Report post

Don't think he'll even make it to our pick, love to have him though

Posted · Report post

would be a decent pick.

Posted · Report post

On the bright side, having him move into the top ten will hopefully push someone down like Warmack.

Getting this guy might be good or a Warmack (1st) J Williams (2nd) could also work

Posted · Report post

I don't think this is the guy for us. After watching tape on him, Floyd just doesn't make enough plays for him to be worthy of our #1 pick. Yes, he will make a great play every now and then but the consistency just isnt there compared to other comparable dt's in this years draft. I would rather have Jonathon Hankins or Sylvester Williams if we did draft a dt in the 1st, hopefully we don't. This team has so much more needs. We don't have the luxury of waiting on a dt to develop, or if he does at all when we have other needs at OL WR and DB. Just from past drafts, DT has a high bust rate and i think Floyd could be that
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DoubleTrouble34' timestamp='1361296370' post='2138496']
I don't think this is the guy for us. After watching tape on him, Floyd just doesn't make enough plays for him to be worthy of our #1 pick. Yes, he will make a great play every now and then but the consistency just isnt there compared to other comparable dt's in this years draft. I would rather have Jonathon Hankins or Sylvester Williams if we did draft a dt in the 1st, hopefully we don't. This team has so much more needs. We don't have the luxury of waiting on a dt to develop, or if he does at all when we have other needs at OL WR and DB. Just from past drafts, DT has a high bust rate and i think Floyd could be that
[/quote]

actually out of all the DT's i would trust Floyd to not be the bust out of all of them. Hankins is inconsistant as poo and is apparently not a 3 down player. Floyd busts his ass on every play and is hungry. I would take that every Sunday. I think Star and Jesse will be good though. Not sure about Sylvester Williams I'll have to look him up.

Posted · Report post

Can someone explain what exactly about this article is a [b][i]must read[/i][/b]? He's a football player who came from a rough background, and his coaches and family think he's talented. It's not a bad article, but its pretty generic, to be honest. You can find similar profiles on numerous players in the draft.