Photo
- - - - -

Washington state liberals (democrats) want to stop by and inspect your house from time to time. Evil gun search

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#71 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

Hey teeray....do you think that the 323...and that is not all "assault" style rifle deaths, that is all rifle deaths, will go away with the banning of the "assault" style weapons?

Honest question, do you think that the number will decrease?

Do you know the difference between my AR 15 and the Winchester .308 hunting rifle that my father gave me is? Do you really think that I couldn't kill a person with either?

Fact is you don't know what you are talking about, very few do.

This is just a way to make people feel better, not actually stopping gun violence. We both know that.

It is a way to do things that are doable and needed. Unless you want an outright ban on all guns you aren't going to stop gun violence.

The issue is, what are these weapons purpose and why do they need to be in circulation.

You seem to think that status quo is acceptable because we can't stop it entirely. People also commit rape even though it is illegal. Should we just legalize it because we can't stop it completely??

Hand guns are the main culprit in gun deaths, but they are also popularly used for self protection. Hunting rifles are used for hunting.

Assault weapons are used for assaults and as toys. They have no other ideal functionality.

And I am sorry if you think I don't know what I am talking about. However, in response to your dismissive question it should be pointed out that an AR-15 is a type of rifle and the Winchester .308 is a type of ammunition.

Without you giving more information than "the rifle my dad gave me", or for that matter which type of AR-15 you are referring too, no one could tell you the difference.

I do have to say however, that it is not comforting that the people "in the know" don't know the difference between a type of cartridge and a type of rifle.

#72 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLALA Land
HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

not nearly enough to even scratch the surface, this one of the biggest problems in the world and it is ignored by the entire world

pressure from the public is powerful no energy/oil company gave rats ass about clean/alt energy until the people spoke up

#73 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

It is amazing that the most powerful and wealthy nation in the world has a higher level of mental illness than any other industrialized nation in the world.

We are just a bunch of mentally challenged people with a desensitization to violence.

So lets get more guns out there to us mentally challenged and trigger happy society!!!!!!!

#74 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLALA Land
HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

World Health Organization says mental illness is fairly evenly distributed globally

#75 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

World Health Organization says mental illness is fairly evenly distributed globally

That can't be true. The NRA and gun lobbyists have made it clear that the reason our gun deaths are astronomical is because of mental health and video games. NOT access to guns.

#76 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

You guys can't compare the rest of the world to America. That has been established here.

Only the Philippines and the US.

#77 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

suggesting that the govt is the answer? sorry but we need the best and the brightest on this one

pharm giants (who can afford to hire the world's leading researchers) pour money into boner pill and fat pill research and ignore these struggling people need to be exposed for not being the humanitarians they promote themselves to be

there's a shiatload of money to be made in mental illness... most of these kids were already on meds, or had been at one time or another. i dunno if they need too much more help from big pharma... i agree mental illness is an issue but i don't know if the solution is more drugs.

#78 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLALA Land
HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

That can't be true. The NRA and gun lobbyists have made it clear that the reason our gun deaths are astronomical is because of mental health and video games. NOT access to guns.

I'm not trying to get in the way of you making this a partisan political issue, just stating facts

#79 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLALA Land
HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

there's a shiatload of money to be made in mental illness... most of these kids were already on meds, or had been at one time or another. i dunno if they need too much more help from big pharma... i agree mental illness is an issue but i don't know if the solution is more drugs.

I have never once mentioned drugs as an answer, we know so little about mental illness, we can't even begin to approach an "answer". I have only said that the research for this issue, that is crippling the world, is tremendously underfunded. The dollar per patient averages prove this

and no there really isn't a lot of money in helping unemployed and homeless people, most are uninsured and because of their condition they do not even know they are suffering

#80 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

I have never once mentioned drugs as an answer, we know so little about mental illness, we can't even begin to approach an "answer". I have only said that the research for this issue, that is crippling the world, is tremendously underfunded. The dollar per patient averages prove this

and no there really isn't a lot of money in helping unemployed and homeless people, most are uninsured and because of their condition they do not even know they are suffering

i know you didn't say it was the answer, but you must understand that drugs are the easiest and only quantifiable solution...i understand it's underfunded... but there are HUGE amounts of money being made on mental illness, to the point that many argue that people are over-prescribed... the fact that the homeless arent being helped is simply an indictment of our health-care structure. Any drug-oriented solution will necessitate mandatory medication... are we willing to have the state force medications on people? even the homeless? We do it in NYC... and it has helped... but is it right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users