• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#11 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

I love the Draft. It's one of my favorite parts of the NFL year.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

i pretty much fell in love with the whole newton idea after watching him at auburn. i thought he was great and the only player i wanted ahead of him was luck, which i feel we got the better of the two.

many hated the idea of newton because he was a boom or bust pick...kind of like mr. scot. i like swinging for the fences. that's how i saw that pick.

i didn't feel like that last year. like many, when i first noticed kuechly i was expecting another dan connor and poo all over the idea. then i watched his tape. he looked great. he looked safe. he looked like a sure thing. i thought that we couldn't go wrong with him...but he wasn't my first (or maybe even second) choice. i wanted brockers. he was raw, but he looked like a beast to me. he looked like a guy who could do some damage. kuechly to me was the sensible, but boring pick. it wasn't what i perceived to be a need at all, but he just seemed too talented to pass up. i'm glad we didn't.

there's a couple guys that i think would be safe picks that make sense, but my preference is usually going to be for those raw talents with a huge upside as long as i see them as being coachable and having shown demonstrable growth...which cam and brockers had shown, imo.

this year that guy is patterson to me. i'll probably be fine with whoever we pick because i trust gettleman and rivera in that regard. i even trusted first round picks with hurney as long as he wasn't pissing the picks away on some gamble/trade.

we're in a situation that there's several directions we could go and pick the best talent. of course i hope we go for the playmaker, but as long as we can get someone who can make a difference at their position i'll be happy. i get my favorites every year and argue for them, but really i'm cool with whatever and pretty much expect to be pleasantly surprised.

i don't rule anyone out. i don't consider myself to be some expert or even someone that should be listened to and if i am wrong about someone or something it doesn't surprise me or bother me. i expect it...not that i'm going to bow to someone elses wrong opinion or anything...but the draft is pretty much an unpredictable affair, even if the unpredictable pick was the one that ultimately made the most sense. no one knows what we're going to do and thinking they do is just delusional. i may get slightly intense in pre-draft discussions, but really i don't have a dog in that fight so it's just a lot of barking for the hell of it (i do have to admit loving playing the part of a troll to those who do take this poo seriously, tho).

i just consider it a ride more than anything. it's a good bit of fun and a diversion from the suck of the previous year and helps to build a little optimism for the next year. where ever it goes, i'm cool with it...unless it's trading that first pick away. i REALLY hate that crap.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Keek defender from the start. Toot, toot.

Also high on one of the guards this draft, preferably Warmack in the 1st. The idea of a WR in the 1st I love, but it scares me. Give me the most sure thing, 10 year starter, and perennial All-Pro type guy in the 1st.

i happen to love that sense of fear. i get bored with the "sure thing".

#14 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• LocationDa City
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

i love draft season and study prospects all year round. i was not on the Luke train because i didnt want another first round LB.knew he was a decent player, but i didnt think another LB was what this team needed in the 1st.

#15 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• LocationRaleigh
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

i happen to love that sense of fear. i get bored with the "sure thing".

I agree somewhat, and I know a guard isn't sexy...but part of my feelings from this just come from the talent at WR that should still be there in the 2nd.

A guy like Patterson in the 1st would be great...but I'd be happier with Warmack in the 1st and Patton in the 2nd for instance.

At least that's how I feel right now.

#16 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

I agree somewhat, and I know a guard isn't sexy...but part of my feelings from this just come from the talent at WR that should still be there in the 2nd.

A guy like Patterson in the 1st would be great...but I'd be happier with Warmack in the 1st and Patton in the 2nd for instance.

At least that's how I feel right now.

i'd be fine with a situation like that, but i REALLY don't like the idea of taking a guard in the first. i don't care how studly they are. i'd rather draft impact players, which i don't consider interior OL to be, esp. guard. we can fill those holes more quickly and with less transition time by picking up vets in FA.

#17 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• LocationCharleston, SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

mr scott you make alot of questionable threads. :cool:

Better than most threads with all of the (wrong) answers XD

I entertain myself by trying to see how well I "know" the team by means of predicting free agents and draft picks vs. what my own personal choices would be. I can't say that I don't get excited when I get it right, but I think that comes from how often I get it wrong >.>

#18 SteveSmithOwns

SteveSmithOwns

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

I wouldn't say I ever hated the draft, just sometimes didn't like what the Panthers did.

Like last year, I was happy to have Kuech. Mostly because it wasn't Quinton Coples who i was sure would be a bust

#19 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

The best place about draft day is watching this place have complete meltdowns over poo that we know nothing about. I always welcome the new players with open arms and find something to get excited about over them so I always laugh while people freak out and claim our team sucks because of some 7th round pick.

#20 Strawman

Strawman

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationKissimmee FL
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

i'd be fine with a situation like that, but i REALLY don't like the idea of taking a guard in the first. i don't care how studly they are. i'd rather draft impact players, which i don't consider interior OL to be, esp. guard. we can fill those holes more quickly and with less transition time by picking up vets in FA.

Normally I'd agree with you. But with Newton's running ability, and the stable of backs we have, a strong interior line is more important for us than most offenses. I wouldn't mind Warmack in the first, and Hopkins or a DT in the second. I feel like with Hardy, and CJ a top DT isn't as important, and we can get by with FAs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users