Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Backup QB

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Josh Johnson, Jason Campbell or Tyler Thigpen in that order. This is null n void if D Anderson stays...although I'd still look at Josh Johnson to replace Claussen.

Posted

When your starting quarterback is a guy that's still relatively young, I always favor having a veteran backup. Besides the stability, they help act as a mentor/supplemental teacher to the quarterback coach.

So if it's not Anderson, I'd prefer we go free agent.

Preferably, you're gonna want a guy who's been a starter at least at some point in his career (what good is experience if it's all bench experience?) Plus you'll wanna pay attention to the systems they've been in (no WCO guys) and you absolutely don't want guys with a history of issues (so hell no on Vince Young).

There are a few guys to choose from in that list who could work.

Posted

Hell bring in the Walrus when he's done with his "comeback training" by that I mean just bring him to camp he has = arm strength to cam so the adjustment for receivers would be pretty easy you would think.

Posted

On that list I like both Jason Cambpell and Ty Thigpin

Matt Moore is the best backup QB avaliable. If he would embrace the role he would be a good fit. He would probably prefer to go to a team without a franchise QB in place and compete though. Moore's body of work in that role pretty much poos all over anyone.

Posted

I like Matt Moore but I am not sure having him back on the team is worth having TRD back on the Huddle?

Hell fugging no! I'm not sad enough to visit Dolphin message boards, but do you think he had the same vitriolic hate and rage for Tannehill?

Posted

Matt Moore is the best backup in the nfl

Posted

Campbell if hes cheap

Posted

just re-sign DA and be done with it.

if not him, then a mobile vet with exp. in the coryell.

not sure who that is....maybe jason campbell? i dunno.

Posted

Matt Moore is the best backup in the nfl

I'm not disagreeing that notion. I believe it to be true. Not worth the TRD though.

Posted

I want Matt Moore back.

Posted

just re-sign DA and be done with it.

if not him, then a mobile vet with exp. in the coryell.

not sure who that is....maybe jason campbell? i dunno.

It didn't sound like DA wanted to come back, that's the problem.

Posted

It didn't sound like DA wanted to come back, that's the problem.

i don't know...sounds like he wants a starting gig and that's the most likely place it's going to happen.

if he's not offered a starting gig or at least a chance to start, he'll re-sign here if he's offered a job.