Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nakamura Pay Cut

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Not really a big deal but for accuracy sake he will def. be a top 51 cap hit(the bottom 2 don't affect us).

i doubt that we go into training camp with his number being among the top. at least two draft picks will have cap numbers higher than him and we'll probably have a FA pick up or two that will likely have a higher number.

Posted

Good ST and situational defensive player, makes sense to keep him around for the right price.

trying to figure out what situations it would be of benefit to have him on the field? it would have to be non-passing situations.

Posted

meh, he cost us on ST this year as well...

I think at this point he is camp fodder

agreed. he's done nothing to warrant having a roster spot handed to him. he's on the same footing with any udfa we pick up, imo.
1 person likes this

Posted

i doubt that we go into training camp with his number being among the top. at least two draft picks will have cap numbers higher than him and we'll probably have a FA pick up or two that will likely have a higher number.

There are several players with a lower cap hit than his that will make the team.

Frank Alexander

Josh Norman

Byron Bell

Thomas Keiser

Just to name a few. only the bottom 2 don't count every other one does.

Posted

gettleman said he was going to pay players what they are worth. Have yet to see any of the restructures get paid more. So, will we see a Cam extension and see him get paid more?

Posted

To be clear, this doesn't guarantee he makes the roster.

Yes, basically we said "we will let you fight for a roster spot and here is a lowered salary." Can cut him without regret if needed in August.

Posted

thats fine, what he cost is the same it would for some other guy to come in and play special teams...

Posted

At first I was like...

tumblr_lka2oaxuVG1qgne6io1_250.gif

Then I was like...

tumblr_lnzvbvm4iZ1qgne6io1_500.gif

...later..

tumblr_lj90mqCZWf1qenbgto1_r1_500.gif

Finally...

tumblr_li4jts9R2U1qdqf08o1_500.gif

Posted

We knocked off another 500K on the cap without cutting or moving any money towards next year’s cap. Smartly played by Gettleman.

2 people like this

Posted

First I was all dammit they kept this clown

But then GETTLEMEN saved 500,000

Then i was all....Alright I guess Still a longggggggggg offseason I miss XFL

Posted

gettleman said he was going to pay players what they are worth. Have yet to see any of the restructures get paid more. So, will we see a Cam extension and see him get paid more?

I course he will get paid more if he continues being what he is and grows. He has been underpaid if you look at what he has done vs price

Posted

I can see the wisdom in this...we also give him another shot with hardly any risk to us.