Photo
- - - - -

Will Cook and Finley change the way teams use TE's?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,812 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

http://profootballta...-wide-receiver/

Interesting blurb on how if the Titans try and franchise tag Cook, he says it should be as a WR, because he lined up most snaps as a WR, not inside like a typical TE. And the tag rules say youll be tagged as the position where you played majority of snaps. Franchise tag difference is huge between tagging a TE or tagging a WR. Also mentions how Finley was saying the same thing but got a new deal so he avoided any of this headache. If teams think they'll have to start paying tight ends like wide receivers, will they limit the number of snaps per game that they line up as a receiver?

It's the offseason, so fug off.

#2 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Valid point.

I remember Madden 10, the announcer often says "It's a wonder tight ends don't get drafted any higher. They have to be able to block like a lineman, and catch like a wide receiver."

#3 Green Eggs and Cam

Green Eggs and Cam

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Cook has a fair point. Hope he gets WR money if he did indeed take more snaps there.

#4 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/22/report-jared-cook-sees-himself-as-a-wide-receiver/

Interesting blurb on how if the Titans try and franchise tag Cook, he says it should be as a WR, because he lined up most snaps as a WR, not inside like a typical TE. And the tag rules say youll be tagged as the position where you played majority of snaps. Franchise tag difference is huge between tagging a TE or tagging a WR. Also mentions how Finley was saying the same thing but got a new deal so he avoided any of this headache. If teams think they'll have to start paying tight ends like wide receivers, will they limit the number of snaps per game that they line up as a receiver?

It's the offseason, so fug off.

He brings up a great point. He needs to get paid consistent with how he is being used instead of what he is being called. The CBA is on his side. If you are going to be franchised instead of getting a fair price in free agency. You at least should get paid the higher amount.

#5 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationCharleston, South Carolina

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

who is Will Cook?

#6 Moose Hoover

Moose Hoover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

who is Will Cook?

haha, i see what you did there

#7 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,147 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

oh yeah everyone is changing the positions lol shitt been going on..nothing is new under the sun...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com