Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Nascar

32 posts in this topic

Posted

If you have to see through the fences at a race, you're way too low.

Particularly at te super speedways. Not only for safety but for actually seeing the race. If you are too low at Daytona or Talladega it's like

ZOOM

*58 seconds of silence*

ZOOM

*58 seconds of silence*

ZOOM

*58 seconds of silence*

ZOOM

*silence and skim rubber off top of your beer*

It's like having a TV timeout after every play during a football game.

Posted

I'm guessing it's like 10,000x more dangerous since injuries/death will only happen in the first few rows

It probably is in general terms. The odds of dying at a NASCAR type racing event is probably around the same as dying from a lightning strike.

But yeah i don't sit in the front rows because it sucks from a viewing perspective.

Pretty damn close

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/08/05/pocono-raceway-hit-by-lig_n_1745421.html

Posted

Every sporting event ticket has a disclaimer on it. Including NASCAR tickets.

Exactly. Any lawsuit from a victim would be pointless as they wouldn't gain anything but knowledge.

I go to Bowman Gray multiple times per year and sit on the front stretch where there is no catch fence. Spectators are at their own risk, so pay attention. :)

80% of the people in that video didn't even watch the wreck they looked to their right. Gotta keep your eye on the cars wrecking, no matter what.

Posted

You can write whatever you want on the back of a piece of paper. Doesn't make it legally binding as Happy Panther stated earlier.

It's more to keep most people from even looking into legal recourse.

Posted

Same thing is happening here:

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/carnival-cruise-ship-hit-lawsuit-floating-hell/story?id=18509079

Posted

Risk you run to see such amazing, amazing entertainment.

Posted

What a surprise.

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- The attorney for three NASCAR fans injured last weekend during a race the day before the Daytona 500 says they are exploring a possible lawsuit, but some experts say they could face tough obstacles in winning damages.

Matt Morgan, the Orlando-based lawyer for the fans, said at a news conference Tuesday than any suit would focus on the safety fence used along the track at Daytona International Speedway. He said he hopes to reach a settlement with NASCAR to avoid a lawsuit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fans-injured-nascar-race-explore-211626212--nascar.html

Posted

I wouldn't even go to a race at a larger track if I had to sit that close.

1) It's 10x more dangerous sitting that close

2) All you'd be able to see is a streak go by every few seconds

3) chances are your eardrums would bust

I sat in row 3 at Martinsville once and I had buzzing in my ears for 3 days after.

Its not loud at Daytona for the big boys with the restrictor plates... its really surprising. I would say Charlotte is 10 times louder. You can sit at Daytona with no ear protection and have a normal conversation as the cars go by.

Its a freak accident that happens every so often in racing. Its sad but at least nobody was killed in the accident (fans or drivers)