Photo
- - - - -

Have your political veiws changed???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#76 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:18 AM

Why it's good to have people older than 30. Half the people in this forum don't remember what USSR stands for.

uninformed stigmatized strawman response?

#77 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:47 AM

uninformed stigmatized strawman response?

I stand corrected, Mr. Googler.

#78 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,302 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:33 PM

Ron Paul isn't calling for the US to be isolationist, just for us to stop being the world police and bribing countries to be good etc.

Military Isolationism is what I am talking about. Its a very bad policy that has been proven wrong in the crucible of history. The world is integrated to a far greater extent now than in the time of George Washington. Even in 1812, what happened in Europe affected us. And now, the effect is even greater and quicker. The presence of US troops in Europe and SE Asia has prevented World Wars from breaking out. Any conflicts that have happened have been minor in nature (at least in comparison to World War I and II. If the US withdraws military forces, then we allow the same situations that existed prior to World War I.

Should we be policing the entire world? Probably not, but we should definitely continue to keep troops in areas of significance.

#79 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:09 PM

yeah the last time there was a world war there were several major dictatorships that might have had something to do with it.

We have troops in Germany, and several other countries that don't fit the profile.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com