Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about cutting Beason instead of Willliams.

129 posts in this topic

Posted

what would the impact be on the cap if both were June 1st Trades. And personally, Williams is the best back on the team. Jstew is ok but th guy seems to run directly into the back of the offensive line everytime. I believe he lacks the vision Deangelo has. Would deffinately trade Jstew. And roll with Dwill, Tolbert, and Armond Smith.

Posted

what would the impact be on the cap if both were June 1st Trades

Do you mean cuts?

Creates 3.4 million in 2013 with a Williams cut , more room in 2014 as well.

Posted

what would the impact be on the cap if both were June 1st Trades. And personally, Williams is the best back on the team. Jstew is ok but th guy seems to run directly into the back of the offensive line everytime. I believe he lacks the vision Deangelo has. Would deffinately trade Jstew. And roll with Dwill, Tolbert, and Armond Smith.

A healthy Stewart is better than a healthy Williams. Simply more well rounded of a RB at this stage. Which is why Williams keeps getting demoted.

A gimpy Stewart isn't as good as a healthy Williams.

Stewart also has the years to be good for some time....Williams doesn't.

Posted

no I meant june 1st trades. is the impact the same as a cut?

Posted

I am not certain....but I don't think trades alter cap space any differently than a cut.

Posted

A healthy Stewart is better than a healthy Williams. Simply more well rounded of a RB at this stage. Which is why Williams keeps getting demoted.

A gimpy Stewart isn't as good as a healthy Williams.

Stewart also has the years to be good for some time....Williams doesn't.

Hell no.

Posted

Hell no.

Um, hell yes. Which again is why despite getting a HUGE deal he was demoted for Stewart in year 1 and 2 of it.

You can argue we need Williams b/c a 100% Stewart is something we just won't see....but he is better overall healthy. 26 vs 30. It isn't about the highlight runs. A current healthy Stewart does more well than the current version of Williams.

Posted

I think the impact of a trade is that everything accelerates like a cut but there is no June 1st provision to drag it out over 2 years. So cutting Williams creates a 9.6 million cap hit when the trade is finalized. Someone correct if I am wrong...............

Posted

I think the impact of a trade is that everything accelerates like a cut but there is no June 1st provision to drag it out over 2 years. So cutting Williams creates a 9.6 million cap hit when the trade is finalized. Someone correct if I am wrong...............

that is my understanding. Which means we lose cap space in 2013 in a trade.