Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Connor Vernon

37 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Also care to wager a guess as to which university has more nfl hall of famers? Ill give you a hint, it aint the heels.

Posted · Report post

Also care to wager a guess as to which university has more nfl hall of famers? Ill give you a hint, it aint the heels.

(I hate to derail this thread any more than what it is but...) Fair enough, but when ever UNC fans brings up championships from later dates you bring out the "How many of those championships did you see??" so did you watch Sonny Jurgenson play QB in 1956? or George McAfee run the ball in 39? or what about Ace Parker in 36? Because I can go ahead and tell you I didn't get the chance to watch Lawrence Taylor play... Just had to throw a little bit of your criticism your way ;) lol

I understand though if I was a Duke fan I'd be irritated with Mr. TD post as well 

And for the record I think Vernon will be a great slot guy in the NFL... Brandon Stokley like 

Posted · Report post

Who the fu*k is Sonny Jurgensen?

Duke football had a renaissance last year after barely beating Carolina for the first time in a decade excited a lot of their basketball fans. A lot of their "fans" probably didnt realize they had a FB team until after that game. That was the biggest game in the the past 30 years there. Until the Belk Bowl this year against Cincinnati (lol). How'd that work out? CHOKE

Like I said though, the Duke basketball fans will have their Notre Dame, South Carolina, FSU, or Ohio State football jerseys out by week 4 this year.

How sweet it is!

Posted · Report post

Yeah I don't ever want to hear you get on UNC fans when they bring up a little nostalgia.

I just looked at the Duke players in the NFL HOF (I've been there twice in the past 4 years BTW) and I've never heard of these guys. Their induction ceremony pictures are in black&white. LOL.

You know who YOU have heard of though?

Lawrence Taylor. LT. Arguably the greatest defensive player in NFL history.

PS: Jeff Saturday (UNC) will be in there in 5 years.

App State is more relevant than Duke in college FB.

Posted · Report post

Who the fu*k is Sonny Jurgensen?

Lol.

Posted · Report post

I just found it amusing that's all. Mrtd beats his chest about how many pros his almighty heels crank out. Duke, despite when they were inducted, having more hof's made me laugh. Also who don't know Sonny, errbody know sonny.

Posted · Report post

I just found it amusing that's all. Mrtd beats his chest about how many pros his almighty heels crank out. Duke, despite when they were inducted, having more hof's made me laugh. Also who don't know Sonny, errbody know sonny.

You were the same duke "fan" defending your reasoning behind not knowing any of Duke's BB history before 1980. Someone called you out on it and you said you don't dwell on the past too much because you weren't there to witness it - which I even slightly agreed with u on. 

Now, when it's convenient for you, you are "thumping your chest" about 3 college football players that have more than likely been retired for longer than you and I have been alive. #DukeLogic

Here's another thing for you to consider: When Jeff Saturday is inducted to the NFL HOF in 5-6 years, that's going to be 3 players. Also, between Duke and UNC -who has a better chance of inducting more players into the HOF the next 10-20 years? I'm going to go out on a HUGE limb here and say Duke probably won't have a former player inducted anytime soon. And by soon I mean 30 years. 

I know for a FACT that you didn't watch Duke FB until last year, and I'm guessing you probably didn't start until a game before the UNC game. You'll have your Notre Dame jersey out by week 4 this season. 

Posted · Report post

also - can u tell me what team signed Vernon? I'm not pulling for this guy to fail by any means and I do think it's possible for him to catch on with the right system and become a dependable 4/5 option that can sit underneath and move the chains against smaller nickel and dime sub packages. 

Posted · Report post

also - can u tell me what team signed Vernon? I'm not pulling for this guy to fail by any means and I do think it's possible for him to catch on with the right system and become a dependable 4/5 option that can sit underneath and move the chains against smaller nickel and dime sub packages. 

Oakland Raiders...

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You were the same duke "fan" defending your reasoning behind not knowing any of Duke's BB history before 1980. Someone called you out on it and you said you don't dwell on the past too much because you weren't there to witness it - which I even slightly agreed with u on.

Now, when it's convenient for you, you are "thumping your chest" about 3 college football players that have more than likely been retired for longer than you and I have been alive. #DukeLogic

Here's another thing for you to consider: When Jeff Saturday is inducted to the NFL HOF in 5-6 years, that's going to be 3 players. Also, between Duke and UNC -who has a better chance of inducting more players into the HOF the next 10-20 years? I'm going to go out on a HUGE limb here and say Duke probably won't have a former player inducted anytime soon. And by soon I mean 30 years.

I know for a FACT that you didn't watch Duke FB until last year, and I'm guessing you probably didn't start until a game before the UNC game. You'll have your Notre Dame jersey out by week 4 this season.

So you see how silly it is when people bring up poo from the 50's? And im not bragging about Duke football, Im just bringing unc down to our level. I bet I provided you with some knowledge you previously didnt have.

Posted · Report post

Also ive watched duke football since probably 92. Do i schedule my week or day around them, of course not. However if i happen to catch them on i watch the game. Sweet FACT

Posted · Report post

So you see how silly it is when people bring up poo from the 50's? And im not bragging about Duke football, Im just bringing unc down to our level. I bet I provided you with some knowledge you previously didnt have.

Again, more concerned about UNC than "your" Blue Devils.

You guys are all alike. Rather UNC lose than Duke win.