• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,976 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

The war and 9-11 helped Bush some, but the reason Bush II( (and for that matter Obama) were and are popular early into their second term is that they are both excellent campaigners. Not so great presidents, but they are at their best on the campaign trail. For GWB, once the campaigns were done, he started to fall. Same might happen to Obama, although his core constituency is a little larger, so he is unlikely to drop as far as GWB did. And of course, its impossible to tell what outside events might impact popularity. Things that are largely out of the presidents control, such as the Iran hostage crisis and Hurricane Katrina could end up having major impacts on their popularity.

#32 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,960 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

I don't think Katrina itself hurt Bush, more his handling... but maybe I've just bought into the lamestream media or something with that... It just seemed like he was too detached in all of it, but maybe there was no other way for him to be? Hard to say, natural disasters are tough.

#33 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,817 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

They are not tough if you just say nice things and send help. Oh and you don't do asshole things like saying "heckuva job Brownie" or whatever it was.

I don't think Bush was being a jerk or anything; I think he did mostly OK with the situation with what he was given, I just think the wars and all that got him to thinking that these kinds of events were distracting him from the "important stuff" and it showed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.