#1 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

I think that he has the toughness that we need at S not to mention his 40 time is a 4.42. This kid runs so hard he did a face plant at the end of his 40 at the combine. He kinda reminds me of Davis and Harris all in one. We can keep Nakamura strickly on ST....

#2 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,819 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

Where is he projected to go? I'm all down for picking up a safety as long as he's decent in coverage and knows how to wrap up the ball carrier...

#3 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

I think that he has the toughness that we need at S not to mention his 40 time is a 4.42. This kid runs so hard he did a face plant at the end of his 40 at the combine. He kinda reminds me of Davis and Harris all in one. We can keep Nakamura strickly on ST....

That's the guy with concussion problems IIRC ? Analysts were calling him another Bob Sanders type story.

#4 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

I heard them mention a singular concussion, not exactly "problems". They said he's like Bob Sanders in that he lays the wood so hard he theoretically "could" be a danger to himself.

#5 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

That's the guy with concussion problems IIRC ? Analysts were calling him another Bob Sanders type story.

I just googled Shamarko Thomas concussions and only found where he had one concussion during the Pitts game. Are there more than this or are you calling one concussion, concussions problems?

#6 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

I just googled Shamarko Thomas concussions and only found where he had one concussion during the Pitts game. Are there more than this or are you calling one concussion, concussions problems?

I'm not calling anything anything.. The analysts were . I know nothing about him was just relaying what I heard no need to get defensive.

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,889 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

he would be great in run support, but don't know about him in coverage.

"let's to to the tape"

cept I dont have any

#8 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

Here's what some of the kids around here like to call tape:

Don't have time to watch them all the way through, but I clicked through a bit and it looks like he's a solid tackler, solid blitzer, and has good closing speed. Didn't see much evidence one way or the other about his coverage ability. Will watch in full tomorrow.

#9 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,889 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

But will he be around in the 4th or 5th?

#10 WestCoastPanther

WestCoastPanther

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

Hes projected late 2nd to early 3rd but his stock went up after the draft

#11 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,379 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

40 times mean more for CBs than S. I still like the kid from Texas despite a slow 40.

I don't even thing Nakamura showed he belongs on ST. He isn't an athlete (by NFL standards) and his football IQ seems vastly overhyped....most of his biggest blunders were associated with being dumb.

#12 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,379 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

40 times mean more for CBs than S. I still like the kid from Texas despite a slow 40.

I don't even thing Nakamura showed he belongs on ST. He isn't an athlete (by NFL standards) and his football IQ seems vastly overhyped....most of his biggest blunders were associated with being dumb.

#13 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

I like Thomas. He is in the mold of Bob Sanders from a size, speed, and hitting ability standpoint. Also similar to Sanders he's not much of a ball hawk (only 2 picks in his career), more of an in-the-box safety but has some coverage skills. He also plays special teams. Kid was projected as 6th-7th round before the combine but will probably come off the board in the 4th-5th round, may go as high as the 3rd.

I would love to take a look at him with our 4th.

#14 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

You call a 4.42 40 slow?

#15 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,365 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Fast and strong... benched 28 times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users