83 replies to this topic

#61 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Gamble is a great CB and I hope we can keep him but it doesn't look like it's in the cards. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see him restructure and see a LB get cut.

#62 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

according to this there are no signs of a restructure:

http://www.nfl.com/n...ign=Twitter_atl

#63 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,811 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

who knows maybe the 9ers will give us our 3rd back for Gamble /wishful thinking

I agree.

At this point, I'd settle for a 4th round pick.

#64 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,967 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

So according to you every high paid player should be cut if they end up going on IR? Obviously your proving that you rather sit down and crunch how much money a player deserves every single time they step on the field rather than focus on just winning.

Um, I responded that Gamble being on IR in 2012 meant it couldn't be claimed he played at a high level and earned his check in 2012.

Not sure how you just connected your dots to get that

#65 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

I'm not quite sure about the rules. is there a penalty for a team contacting a player thats still under contract with another team. Wondering if Carolina is delaying cutting gamble to the absolute final minute to try and catch a team doing just that and maybe receive compensation. Cutting Gamble now does nothing. As long as hes cut before the season begins.

#66 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Um, I responded that Gamble being on IR in 2012 meant it couldn't be claimed he played at a high level and earned his check in 2012.

Not sure how you just connected your dots to get that

What are you talking about? He was a top 3 corner in the league statistically before he got hurt in 2012, but im sure you werent around when that was discussed.

#67 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Umm afte the good news with cap raise and restructures of Olsen and release of Ron Edwards I don't think Gamble will be going anywhere

#68 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Umm afte the good news with cap raise and restructures of Olsen and release of Ron Edwards I don't think Gamble will be going anywhere

we have to resign our free agents, shop some free agents and eventually have money set aside for draft picks. Gamble might make the roster march 12th to be shopped around but he won't be here next season without a big pay cut.

#69 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Gamble will still be here next year. He is one of our top 3 defensive players and all of you want to cut him?? Like I said in another thread, if we was obvious of a cut, he would be gone. The team wants to keep him.

#70 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Gamble will still be here next year. He is one of our top 3 defensive players and all of you want to cut him?? Like I said in another thread, if we was obvious of a cut, he would be gone. The team wants to keep him.

Johnson Hardy and Keuchly are all better than Gamble, when healthy so are Beason and Davis.

So how is he one of our top three defensive players?

#71 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,967 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

What are you talking about? He was a top 3 corner in the league statistically before he got hurt in 2012, but im sure you werent around when that was discussed.

you can't play 4 games, miss 12.....and it be claimed you earned your check. That is all. He earned it in 2011....

#72 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Becuse I don't share your opinion. Gamble is very good. I'd only put Kuechly and CJ above him. Beason used to be but he takes a step back at OLB.

#73 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

And my bet is Gamble would not have been placed on IR last year if we weren't already 1-5. If we were .500 or better, he comes back.

#74 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Double post.

Edited by jamos14, 01 March 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#75 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,967 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

And my bet is Gamble would not have been placed on IR last year if we weren't already 1-5. If we were .500 or better, he comes back.

nah, doesn't work like that. Way to early regardless to IR a kid for next year...hope isn't lost in the NFL at 1-5.

They have let Steve Smith play with all sorts of nagging injuries in horrible seasons.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com