Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Best Way to Kill Off most Racism

112 posts in this topic

Posted

oh

well here

522674_561291773894974_164407910_n.jpg

everyone hug plz

Posted

If I hug, then I get a free drink from you, right?

Posted

^^^yep, that went right over your head

cantrell basically had to spell it out for you and yet here we are, 5 weeks later and it never dawned on you that i was illustrating the absurdity of other people's arguments. i flipped the tables on purpose, to make them pause and reflect on their stupidity. i anticipated someone getting pissed at me defending a black poster(HOW DARE HE) accused of racism with their exact same standards. weirdly enough you took the bait and i don't think you even posted until KT showed up. you seem to have tolerance for one side of racism and not the other (shocker).

Posted

vlcsnap-974267.jpg

damn dude maybe next time

Posted

Ahhh, good ol Internet argument technique #3467. Pretend to have been trolling.

Posted

verbal irony*

in this case you were supposed to catch on but oh well

Posted

Meh, I think verbal irony would, by definition, be more on the sarcastic side of things.

My issue wasn't with you defending anyone. I don't care if KT is racist. I don't care if you are racist. I don't care if Kurb, biscuit or Jerry Richardson are racists. I neither know nor care If they want to limit their time on earth to petty hate and miss out on wonderful people - let them.

My issue was the statement "racial stereotypes are the definition of racism"

You used it multiple times in that thread. You used it here (which is why I brought it up here). Now you're saying it was to turn the tables? Come on man. I believe that about as much as I believe Jerry Richardson would never draft Cam Newton.

Posted

you seem to be confused about when i was being sarcastic and when i was being serious

hint: you have it backwards

Posted

plus Jerry Richardson is totally a racist

Posted

So acts are less racist than words and racists comments only count when used towards minorities.

Sad...

yeah if you live in the fantasy world where privilege isn't a real thing then yeah i guess charging a white guy a quarter for his refill is way worse than saying a bunch of racist bullshit about an institutionally oppressed minority then citing dave chappelle as proof that you're not actually a racist sack of poo, thus normalizing racism and perpetuating a society that rewards those who perpetuate such stupid poo

Posted

racism:

We went there once with a black friend of ours and he wasn't charged for a refill. My room mate and I were charged for each and every time we wanted our solo cup of sweet tea refilled.

not racism:

280px-Minstrel_PosterBillyVanWare_edit.jpg

watermelonA.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

"Mandingo *****"

This stereotypical concept was invented by white slave owners who promoted the notion that male African slaves were animalistic and bestial in nature asserting, for example, that in "Negroes all the passions, emotions, and ambitions, are almost wholly subservient to the sexual instinct. . . ." and "this construction of the oversexed black male parlayed perfectly into notions of black bestiality and primitivism."

anyway can someone explain why racial slurs are banned (well, allegedly), but racial stereotypes are ok? because based on the tinderbox definition of racism, slurs aren't actually racist

Posted

yeah if you live in the fantasy world where privilege isn't a real thing then yeah i guess charging a white guy a quarter for his refill is way worse than saying a bunch of racist bullshit about an institutionally oppressed minority then citing dave chappelle as proof that you're not actually a racist sack of poo, thus normalizing racism and perpetuating a society that rewards those who perpetuate such stupid poo

No wonder you are so mad about Racism.

It threatens who you are.

This is good to.come out. You can realize you are the racist person and work on improving yourself.