Photo
- - - - -

Joe Flacco to be Highest Paid QB EVER

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#61 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

flacco had a defense. more of an all around team around him. played with legends and arguably the best lb/fs at their position and other great defensive players.

hes got a gm who knows how to fnind talent out of nowhere....so hes in a way better position than most.

joe is good but not great....PEOPLE need to realize that the QB is not the only POSITION on the field.

i would have gave him a nice contract but no where near the highest paid player.

lol we will see if joe has turned the corner and carry the team on offense enough......lets play things out on the field, the ultimate test.

#62 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Much of that money is going to moxie, which in my opinion he has arguably the most of out of any QB in the league.

I totally agree with this. He isn't flashy like Manning, Brady or Rodgers but when the game is on the line is he able to execture the throws that win the game and he's shown he can do it as good if not better than anybody else. He is definitely a pressure player, reminds of a calmer more talented Jake D.

#63 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,466 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

I saw Flacco at a restaurant in Vegas last weekend. I wonder if he left a big tip. I'll bet not.

#64 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,710 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Well, you first compared Flacco to Dilfer based upon the number of Super Bowl rings and then said it was no comparison as to who is the better QB. So, your clever disclaimer which covers you on both sides of your argument leaves little room for you to be incorrect.

Except for the fact that Flacco has won more games and been to the post season more times in the last 5 years than anyone on your list- so give some credit for that. And, he also has just as many rings as Brees, Rodgers and Peyton, too, not just Dilfer. Or did you just conveniently leave that part of the equation out?

And how has he looked in those games prior to this season?

Heck, even this season he's only looked good, not special.

You really wanna argue he's better than all those elite names? Go ahead. I'm not buying, and if he returns to earth next season, that contract becomes an albatross.

#65 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

flacco had a defense. more of an all around team around him. played with legends and arguably the best lb/fs at their position and other great defensive players.

hes got a gm who knows how to fnind talent out of nowhere....so hes in a way better position than most.

joe is good but not great....PEOPLE need to realize that the QB is not the only POSITION on the field.

i would have gave him a nice contract but no where near the highest paid player.

lol we will see if joe has turned the corner and carry the team on offense enough......lets play things out on the field, the ultimate test.

there is something that has to be understood.

the number one priority of any team is getting a franchise QB. that is the most important position on the team. if you don't have one, you do what you can to find one.

after you've found your franchise QB, your number one priority turns to securing him. you do what you can to keep him and that means pay the man.

the ravens have their QB. he's done his job well for years and turned it on at just the right time helping them get another ring. he's just as responsible for winning that lombardi as any QB has been.

he's not responsible for all of their success, but they couldn't have done it without him.

he's no trent dilfer. dilfer was just a guy. flacco is much better and has improved a lot since arriving in baltimore. he was always someone that had a high floor, but few expected him to be great. i said it before, he turned that corner last year. he's stepping up as a player and a leader on that team and he'll be replacing ray lewis as the heart of that team. i mean it won't be as big of a heart, but he's the guy now that the team is going to be looking to and he'll do well at that. that was never dilfer.

re: him being the highest paid player in the game...it's temporary. not that he's going to lose any money, but that designation as being the "highest paid player ever" won't last because someone will come along soon and take that title away, and it will probably be someone with less success than he and his team has had.

people will scoff at flacco's contract, but wait until you see the one that matt ryan gets. it may not be bigger, but it will be more laughable.

#66 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,466 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

#67 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,157 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

How do you see this? Cam keeps improving and getting better. But unless Cam gets in the top 5 QB in the next 2 seasons and gets us deep into the playoffs this coming season and the season afterwards. Then Cam will not see that kinda money with his first big contract go around. My guess is that Cam first big contract will be in the range of 60 mill. for 5-6 years. I just don't see Cam getting no where near that big of a contract that Flacco just got. Unless Cam in the next 2 seasons get us to the SB and win it. Panthers would not be able to afford that type of contract. That would kill this team if we had to put out that much money each season.

I hate to break it to you, but if we don't, someone will give Cam a huge contract. Plus, if we franchise him that puts his salary in top five range anyway. It's going to happen, unless Cam absolutely regresses.

#68 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,717 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

You also have to think about all the money he brings in to the panthers, he is arguably our first superstar. We will not let him walk. No way.

#69 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

there is something that has to be understood.

the number one priority of any team is getting a franchise QB. that is the most important position on the team. if you don't have one, you do what you can to find one.

after you've found your franchise QB, your number one priority turns to securing him. you do what you can to keep him and that means pay the man.

the ravens have their QB. he's done his job well for years and turned it on at just the right time helping them get another ring. he's just as responsible for winning that lombardi as any QB has been.

he's not responsible for all of their success, but they couldn't have done it without him.

he's no trent dilfer. dilfer was just a guy. flacco is much better and has improved a lot since arriving in baltimore. he was always someone that had a high floor, but few expected him to be great. i said it before, he turned that corner last year. he's stepping up as a player and a leader on that team and he'll be replacing ray lewis as the heart of that team. i mean it won't be as big of a heart, but he's the guy now that the team is going to be looking to and he'll do well at that. that was never dilfer.

re: him being the highest paid player in the game...it's temporary. not that he's going to lose any money, but that designation as being the "highest paid player ever" won't last because someone will come along soon and take that title away, and it will probably be someone with less success than he and his team has had.

people will scoff at flacco's contract, but wait until you see the one that matt ryan gets. it may not be bigger, but it will be more laughable.

yeah i know but I've seen stout defense carry a team to the super bowl......never seen a prolific passer lead their team to a super bowl COMPLETELY by themselves......

i mean if you ask me if i rather have Baltimore 2000's offense or packers 2010 defense...im picking packers......people act like teams have been wining without defense lol nope....those defenses step up big time in those playoff games....

that 2000 b-more offense went about 6 straight games without scoring a td and they were still winning......

Vick would have beat packers if not for the last minute int.......ben would have beat them without the last minute int....Big Ben is known for coming back in the super bowl.......also Clay had big plays in that super bowl.....if i recall a big time fumble.

ravens(2012) also shut down kaep for two quarters.....also forced turnovers.....imagine if he would have been able to score freely in the first two quarters.....ravens would have probably lost. they also stop him on the last drive....forget the last play of the game...kaep had about 10 ten times to score before he into the redzone.......dude could have easily ripped off a 56 yard run with less than a minute to go.....so while the ravens d have not been great, they have been clutch and reliable in tough situations.

franchise qbs are worth a lot and probably should be the highest paid but i don't think that's what Flacco is...should he have a big contract, yeah but not the biggest.

also i think he should have took a pay cut so they could resign good players.

say what you want about Lebron but dude took a huge pay cut to play with other great guys to help him win the big game.... Brady is also known for doing this too.

#70 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,717 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

No prolific passers making it to the super bowl by themselves?
Brady, Manning, Brees, Joe Montana, Dan Marino of the top of my head.

Most had subpar defenses. The QB play took them there. Brees and the saints D , Peyton and that okay D, Brady and that suspect defense last year.

#71 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

No prolific passers making it to the super bowl by themselves?
Brady, Manning, Brees, Joe Montana, Dan Marino of the top of my head.

Most had subpar defenses. The QB play took them there.

"Myth: Dan Marino had no defense. - http://www.coldhardf...mythology/4507/

In Marino's record-setting 1984 season, the Dolphins had the No. 1 scoring offense in football and the No. 6 scoring defense (18.6 points per game)."

#72 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,717 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

"Myth: Dan Marino had no defense. - http://www.coldhardf...mythology/4507/

In Marino's record-setting 1984 season, the Dolphins had the No. 1 scoring offense in football and the No. 6 scoring defense (18.6 points per game)."

He was a prolific passer. I said most had shitty defenses or average to below out of the names i mentioned. Gave Brady, Manning and Brees as examples. That said Defense does win Championships with pretty much every sport.

Flacco is a good to great qb. They don't sign him, they have to find a gamer all over again. Can't risk that.

#73 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,155 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

And how has he looked in those games prior to this season?

Heck, even this season he's only looked good, not special.

You really wanna argue he's better than all those elite names? Go ahead. I'm not buying, and if he returns to earth next season, that contract becomes an albatross.

Not going to argue with someone who made up their mind long ago despite the eye test, logic and proven performance,

Don't want to pay him that kind of money, Mr. GM? Fine- he walks and Ravens fans burn your stadium to the ground and your starting QB next year is who?.

The only other QB on the roster is? Tyrod Taylor.

Let's see how long you have a job after not paying Flacco that money.

#74 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

marino had a decent defense one or two times i agree but most times it was PURE garbage. lol and remember san fran had just as good of a d if not better that year.

all those qbs had good d when they won....your best case is manning and his d stepped up big time in the playoffs.

brady had a stout top 5 defense when he won his 3( shouldnt have to tell anyone this/also spy gate),

brees's defense had the most turnovers when he won in the playoffs.

manning's defense in the playoffs LED in giving up the least pass/rushing yards and had over 10 turn overs.(the most out of 06 playoff teams)

never said i wouldnt sign flacco just would have not make him the highest paid player.

#75 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Guys, i'm sure the contract is conditonal... There was a tweet that said there have been 14 "$100M contracts" and the highest ever payout from those contracts was to brett favre at $54M.. flaccos not going to get the full contract.

Edit: https://twitter.com/...879811563548673

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.