Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Icege's Post-Combine Draft

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

1. Star Lotululei, DT, Utah
Assuming he drops this far and medically checks out, of course. Carolina's current depth at NT after the release of Ron Edwards is Frank Kearse and Sione Fua. With Dwan Edwards likely to be retained and Carolina's BPA approach, Star makes sense. Some teams might be frightened away by a potential heart issue, but Frank Alexander fell to the team in the same manner. Getting a big body for the long term to keep Kuechly and company clean will go a long way in helping a defense that's starting to look more like what we're accustomed to in Carolina.

2. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
Gettleman and Rivera have both mentioned the need for playmakers and DeAndre Hopkins was THE playmaker at Clemson despite hype for Sammy Watkins. Steve Smith can only defy time for so long and LaFell is at best a #2. Some have said the same about Hopkins, but if he's available at #46 the Panthers have to take him.

4. D.J. Swearinger, FS, South Carolina
Free Safety is ass. DJ Swearinger is not. Let's make our free safety position less terrible.

5. Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida State
O-line depth as well as value.

6. Sanders Commings, DB, Georgia
Can play safety as well!

6. Marquess Wilson, Washington State
Wilson is at his best in jump ball situations where he's using his length to ****** the ball out of the air. With Cam's habit of sailing balls high as well as the team's emphasis on the deep pass, Wilson fits the scheme. He's a talented WR that fell after quitting Washington State and accusing Mike Leach of abuse. Spending a compensatory pick towards the end of the 6th round on a WR that early on was being mocked in the first 3 rounds is quite a steal.

6. Jeff Baca, G, UCLA
Moar o-line depth

Posted · Report post

Love love love
Love Baca but he may be gone by our pick
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Like it
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

pretty solid, would love Swearinger in the 4th
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Sign me up for this. I dont think star will be there though. Probably go rhodes first
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Love the first two picks. Would be satisfied with the rest.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Nixon went to Florida. No to taking two WR's because we will sign a free agent WR whether it be Ramses Barden or someone else. Other than that I like it.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I like it except trade Hopkins for slay but that's just my opinion
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

decent
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Would def. be down with this, but if Terrance Williams fell I'd take him over Hopkins.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

favorite one I've seen
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Probably the only decent mock I've seen on these boards.

Lotuleileis the only highly rated DT I trust, Hopkins is a 1st round talent who could very possibly be there in the 2nd, and you add decent prospects at positions of dire need throughout the rest of the draft. Use FA to solidify the OL and this draft and I'd be okay for next season.
1 person likes this