Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin Jackson commits to UNC

35 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Justin Jackson (from Spring, Texas), the 3rd ranked small forward and the 14th ranked player overall in the 2014 class will be bringing his talents to Chapel Thrill!

This gives Carolina two players in the top 15 for the 2014 class (Joel Berry, Justin Jackson).

Welcome to the family Justin!!!

Posted · Report post

2014 looking good. Jackson and Berry are really good. Maybe we can still add Wiggins for 2013.

Posted · Report post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u9cbeuE4hk

Posted · Report post

There will be a National Championship in Chapel Hill very, very soon.

If Wiggins commits and JMM, Hairston, and Bullock stick around they are a legitimate title contender next season.

I've been telling all my friends and family that are Dookies/State/ABCers .....get your shots in now with trash talking.

Posted · Report post

Nice!

Next up, Mr. wiggins!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MrTouchdown' timestamp='1362446493' post='2151224']
There will be a National Championship in Chapel Hill very, very soon.

If Wiggins commits and JMM, Hairston, and Bullock stick around they are a legitimate title contender next season.

I've been telling all my friends and family that are Dookies/State/ABCers .....get your shots in now with trash talking.
[/quote]
Slow your roll there hoss cat.... Until we solidify down low we'll struggle to contend for the title.. I know you're high on Meeks but really we don't know how it's gonna go

Posted · Report post

kids got that mid range floater down pat.

Posted · Report post

Like what I've heard about this kid. Great pickup.

I really want Wiggins for next year though. I hear he's going to FSU, but you never know.

Posted · Report post

His floater is a thing of beauty, my only concern is that he doesn't look like he has great up's.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rscott94' timestamp='1362447332' post='2151247']
Slow your roll there hoss cat.... Until we solidify down low we'll struggle to contend for the title.. I know you're high on Meeks but really we don't know how it's gonna go
[/quote]

While I dont think UNC would be favorites to win a title without better big men, there really arent a lot of good big guys in college basketball who can hurt you. The ACC has 2 of the best in Plumlee and Len, but neither one of them dominates to the point where you have to change your entire defensive strategy.

Honestly, maybe Roy's system is better off with more small ball lineups- when you combine that fast pace with good spacing and shooters, the offense is pretty potent. And imagine how much better defensively UNC's small ball lineups would be with, say, John Henson in the middle instead of Mcadoo?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rscott94' timestamp='1362447332' post='2151247']
[/quote]

Yeah, because having no bigs is really killing us right now as we are blowing past everybody we play with 4 gaurds. We will be big enough with James, Meeks, Hicks, Hubert (he will be decent) Simmons isn't bad, and who knows who else we will get.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Daddy Uncle' timestamp='1362459542' post='2151447']
Yeah, because having no bigs is really killing us right now as we are blowing past everybody we play with 4 gaurds. We will be big enough with James, Meeks, Hicks, Hubert (he will be decent) Simmons isn't bad, and who knows who else we will get.
[/quote]
I'm not saying we suck without a solid center.. What I'm saying is we're not gonna be a lock at the NC as Mr. Touchdown said.

• Masters of PIE !

• Recent Comments