• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,813 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Look who's talking about bad mocks

#17 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,136 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

decent you could trade back..just dont know if you get that much...but maybe.

overall the draft is decent just dont like lester,,,,good to see oday getting some love.

#18 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

it is an old man's position....

Dumb thinking like that will never have us building a championship defense. Plus always signing a different DT every year.

#19 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,582 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Swope's medical scares me. He already has a concussion history.

#20 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,582 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

How about Connor Vernon from Duke instead of Swopes?

#21 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

How about not drafting 2 WR's.

#22 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Oday Aboushi, the guy systematically pegged as a right tackle only due to his lack of athleticism, is now a prototypical LT?

That being said, the idea of trading out of the first for two second round picks is interesting. There's still a lot of talent in the second, and that would allow us to amass it.

From what I'm hearing, Oday sounds like a good starter at LT. He just needs a solid year on the bench, and be eased in.

I'm not saying it's uneven, I assume you did the values and they're relatively close. I'm just saying I don't think the Dolphins would give up that package of picks to move up to #14 because I don't see anyone there a team would be that desperate for.

I believe the Dolphins will want to move up and possibly get a WR or lineman that falls. Now we might want a LT, but we won't be in bad need of one as the Dolphins will be. Plus I have drafting Oday in mind. If the Dolphins don't draft a LT, and Lane Johnson or Eric Fischer falls, they could move up. Or they might see a receiver they like. With Bowe signing his deal with the Chiefs, that's one less receiver for them to go after in free agency. If they don't get their receiver in free agency, they might fall in love with one in the draft.

I don't know that much about Vernon's potential. I've heard he has dependable hands. Swope's concussion troubles is something to take into account, but his skills are really good. If healthy, he can be a great receiver.

Oh and I thank everyone for your comments. Much appreciated!

#23 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,582 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

How about not drafting 2 WR's.

Why not? I think it's easy to justify and personally I'd be happy taking a chance on D Robinson.

#24 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,582 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

I don't know that much about Vernon's potential. I've heard he has dependable hands. Swope's concussion troubles is something to take into account, but his skills are really good. If healthy, he can be a great receiver.

Vernon probably has the best hands in the draft. He holds several ACC records now and would be a great slot/possession type. More in the Proehl mold than a Welker/Harvin. Decent speed, but great hands and runs very precise routes.

http://www.nfldrafts...=2013&genpos=WR

#25 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Why not? I think it's easy to justify and personally I'd be happy taking a chance on D Robinson.

Because that means you've have wasted 4 years of draft picks on WR's you are not letting develop. And what happens a year from now when these guys don't catch 60 balls have 1,000 yards and 7 td? We draft 2 more? We have bigger problems then WR. And to Spend 2 picks on that position is overkill.

#26 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

I like Vernon burt we already have more athletic WR like him. We already have a lot of possession type WR.

#27 wwgd

wwgd

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

I'm getting so sick of these trade back mocks.

Agreed. Sure it'd be cool if it happens because we do need more picks, but most of them aren't realistic.

#28 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,582 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Because that means you've have wasted 4 years of draft picks on WR's you are not letting develop. And what happens a year from now when these guys don't catch 60 balls have 1,000 yards and 7 td? We draft 2 more? We have bigger problems then WR. And to Spend 2 picks on that position is overkill.

Who do we have that you're so interested in developing? AE was a waste, Murphy has terrible hands, Gettis got healthy and then found himself in the doghouse and could even get reps in garbage time at the end of the season, Adams has a chronic fumbling problem when engaged in his specialty and Smith is old. Pilares barely plays and when he did he got hurt. We have damn near nothing invested in any of them outside of LeFell.

I count LaFell as the one sure thing at WR. I don't care about collecting WR's, I want young guys who show a lot of promise and this draft class is full of them. We have a young, elite QB I'd love to pair with a young, dynamic playmaker he can develop a 5 year history with.

#29 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Dumb thinking like that will never have us building a championship defense. Plus always signing a different DT every year.

championship defenses are not built around baby faced DT's, look around.

#30 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Who do we have that you're so interested in developing? AE was a waste, Murphy has terrible hands, Gettis got healthy and then found himself in the doghouse and could even get reps in garbage time at the end of the season, Adams has a chronic fumbling problem when engaged in his specialty and Smith is old. Pilares barely plays and when he did he got hurt. We have damn near nothing invested in any of them outside of LeFell.

I count LaFell as the one sure thing at WR. I don't care about collecting WR's, I want young guys who show a lot of promise and this draft class is full of them. We have a young, elite QB I'd love to pair with a young, dynamic playmaker he can develop a 5 year history with.

If teams thought the same way then Roddy White and James Jones would have been cut along time ago.

But let's go thru it.

1. Murphy - I don't even know if he'll be on the team.

2. Gettis - Hopefully Rivera realize that his dog house is stupid. Naka should have been there all year.

3. Adams - Tiki was a fumble machine also. Are you really ready to give up on Adams.

4. Pilares - See Adams not enough time or opportunity to make a judgement.

5. Byrant - looked good in TC was kept on the practice squad and has all the talent you want out of a WR.

So again I ask what happens if they don't show all this talent in their 1st 2 years will we have this same "I want a WR" thread again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.