Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bucky Brooks' latest mock (has us passing on Patterson). Hmmph.

198 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven't looked at any of his stats, I have only seen highlight videos and I watched everything on him at the combine. It's too late to try and teach a guy how to catch without using his body especially a first round pick. If we were able to take him in the 2nd or later then I would say it would be worth it but the value is just not there at 14 with all the other needs on the team.

Posted

I haven't looked at any of his stats, I have only seen highlight videos and I watched everything on him at the combine. It's too late to try and teach a guy how to catch without using his body especially a first round pick. If we were able to take him in the 2nd or later then I would say it would be worth it but the value is just not there at 14 with all the other needs on the team.

Church.

Posted

Would you trade 5 picks to get Patterson? If not then he is not a Julio type to you.

So he's a bigger Joe Adams? About the same actual WR stats.

you dk until after he gets on the field. how many on here was saying the Falcons gave to much up for Julio me inlcuded? looks like they got the better deal out of that trade, there offense is one of the best.so he accomplished what Joe Adams did in 4 years, compared to CP 1.

Posted

you dk until after he gets on the field. how many on here was saying the Falcons gave to much up for Julio me inlcuded? looks like they got the better deal out of that trade, there offense is one of the best.so he accomplished what Joe Adams did in 4 years, compared to CP 1.

He was a top 5 pick before the trade. Is Patterson? No. And the fact that even in your WR loving heart you would lose your poo if the Panthers traded 5 picks to get Patterson. So no Patterson is not a Julio type.

Posted

He's a playmaker, plain and simple. If he's there when we pick, he's going to be taken by us. How many games has Devin Hester or Percy Harvin won based on returns and "gimmick" plays - a lot.

Posted

I want O-line at 14

Posted

First priority should be protecting Cam, unless y'all want to see the return of pickles. I think when Getts was saying "Sometimes the answer is already on your roster." he was referring to the WR position. We've got a lot of picks invested at that position, and this is the make or break year for those guys. At 14 it's going to be a line man, whichever side has the BPA. If any other position than line is taken then, it will be Vacarro or Trufant. Don't think Patterson, or Allen is even in the conversation when there will be guys there in the second that are almost as good.

Posted

He was a top 5 pick before the trade. Is Patterson? No. And the fact that even in your WR loving heart you would lose your poo if the Panthers traded 5 picks to get Patterson. So no Patterson is not a Julio type.

a top 10 pick you mean, like where most have Patterson going.Julio was never considered a top 5, with AJ there. i would hate for the panthers to trade up for anybody considering how many holes this roster has. again we all thought the falcons gave up the farm for Julio.

Posted

He's a playmaker, plain and simple. If he's there when we pick, he's going to be taken by us. How many games has Devin Hester or Percy Harvin won based on returns and "gimmick" plays - a lot.

How many times has Bears drafted or signed a WR because Hester isn't a WR?

Posted

I don't want Peterson over Richardson.

DT is a much bigger need that WR, IMO, and there will be some great WR prospects there in the 2nd and even later.

Posted

a top 10 pick you mean, like where most have Patterson going.Julio was never considered a top 5, with AJ there. i would hate for the panthers to trade up for anybody considering how many holes this roster has. again we all thought the falcons gave up the farm for Julio.

The more we go thru this process Top 10 for Patterson isn't looking to good.

Posted

2 Guards in the top 10? lol