Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monday Night Shyamalan

Wes Welker

84 posts in this topic

Welker is one of the best WRs in the game....but he has to play on a Welker friendly scheme and with a QB who plays that style.

Basically Welker is the polar opposite of what you want paired with Cam.

Cam needs a big play deep threat....which even our beloved Smitty isn't much of today. Cam has few problems in the redzone so I am not overly concerned about a big redzone WR. His issues are more getting to the redzone enough

Welker would be perfect in KC with Alex "checkdown" Smith.

first of all welker is close to signing with pats......just like i already did. hes good for the pats dont know about others...he didnt do much in miami.

Nobody does much in Miami since Marino left.

ricky williams,jason taylor

It doesn't have anything to do with needs for me, it has to do with his age, contract and the fact that we have a damn near clone already on the roster in Steve Smith. If we're going to invest in a WR I'd far rather get a young, proven guy like Wallace, or a promising young guy in the draft with a rookie contract.

...Wallace seems like too much of a sucker bet....

Solid opinions everyone -

One issue I have, everyone keeps mentioning the deep threat? Smitty can fall under that classification, even if his size isn't ideal, he can still stretch the field. Adding Welker in the slot would give us another look we do not have...

I do not believe we will draft Patterson or Allen, so signing Welker to a one year contract would be a boost (all wishful thinking of course, I know it won't happen). Just wanting to hear what fellow Huddlers thought...

We need big, physical receivers. Smitty is an exception because he plays big.

Solid opinions everyone -

One issue I have, everyone keeps mentioning the deep threat? Smitty can fall under that classification, even if his size isn't ideal, he can still stretch the field. Adding Welker in the slot would give us another look we do not have...

I do not believe we will draft Patterson or Allen, so signing Welker to a one year contract would be a boost (all wishful thinking of course, I know it won't happen). Just wanting to hear what fellow Huddlers thought...

Smitty doesn't have the vertical speed to be that deep threat anymore consistantly. Which is why we didn't see that connection this year.

He burns people on other routes bc he runs great routes, is physical, and is crafty as one can get

Tom Brady made Wes Welker.