Photo
- - - - -

How do I learn to respect people and put my ego aside?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#25 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

You should start hanging with people you respect.

#26 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

Like on the huddle

#27 Hotsauce

Hotsauce

Future Training Camp MVP

HUDDLER

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

First off, you need to go join a real Frat, not a group of a bunch of ECON dorks.

Second, it's not like you can't find a job after college which best suits your personality....the world needs more tow truck drivers and parking meter maids

J/k, in all seriousness, read the book "How to win friends, and influence people" be Dale Carnigie

#28 NotinbutaPnut

NotinbutaPnut

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

I'm serious when I suggest this but fraternities mean very little in the corporate world. The only way it is even applicable on your résumé is if you were your fraternity's form of a president. That shows leadership quality. Only thing membership shows is that you had enough money to pay dues.

#29 Hotsauce

Hotsauce

Future Training Camp MVP

HUDDLER

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'm serious when I suggest this but fraternities mean very little in the corporate world. The only way it is even applicable on your résumé is if you were your fraternity's form of a president. That shows leadership quality. Only thing membership shows is that you had enough money to pay dues.

Not true

#30 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

So this semester for me was going pretty well so far. I pledged a professional business fraternity and I thought the process was going pretty well. Tonight was midterms, where they evaluated our pledge class and determined if each of us individually was worthy of continuing with the pledge process. The brotherhood voted me out of the fraternity because, as I was told, they felt I wasn't respectful/professional when I addressed them, and that I should address them as I would an employer.

It's honestly hard for me to treat someone my age the same as I would someone older in a position of authority. But it's something I need to learn before I near graduation and begin looking for jobs. I often have trouble putting my ego aside in situations such as this. Anybody had these same experiences and/or issues?

That's a bunch of BS. They voted you out because you respect yourself enough not to slob their knob.

Keep on keepin on. You shouldn't lower yourself just because your frat bosses have a need for false respect.

How you handle older folks and peers is a totally different thing. Don't less this frat thing make you feel like that's how reality works.

#31 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

I'm not sure because I haven't heard the whole story, but what they said sounded like a bunch of nit-picky manufactured bullshit

#32 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

I don't know how anyone could take "The Brotherhood" seriously.

Hey now, "Brotherhood" was a great TV show for the brief period it was on....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457229/