Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahmadinejad probably just won a rigged election

86 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Despite some people's belief, the CIA is not omnipotent. They can't just create a revolution anytime they want to. All they can do is provide assistance in areas that are ripe for upheaval.

Posted · Report post

It seems every time we support a ME country, it backfires on us. In defense (see Afghanistan against USSR) or war (see Iraq v Iran), we step on our dicks in the long run.

Yes, but it stretches our dicks and impresses the lady folk.

Posted · Report post

It seems every time we support a ME country, it backfires on us. In defense (see Afghanistan against USSR) or war (see Iraq v Iran), we step on our dicks in the long run.

Afghanistan is far more complicated than that. We didn't create the Taliban or Al Qaeda. Its likely they would have existed even without our putting funds into afghanistan.

And imo, the collapse of the Soviet Union (a mortal threat to the US) was important enough that I wouldn't change a thing in that regard even knowing what I know now.

Posted · Report post

Afghanistan is far more complicated than that. We didn't create the Taliban or Al Qaeda. Its likely they would have existed even without our putting funds into afghanistan.

And imo, the collapse of the Soviet Union (a mortal threat to the US) was important enough that I wouldn't change a thing in that regard even knowing what I know now.

Do you think the collapse of the USSR should be credited to Jimmy Carter for his incredibly bold move to boycott the 1980 Olympics?

Posted · Report post

This thread is screaming for a parody! :D

Posted · Report post

Proxy War!

Posted · Report post

I m surprised the opposition leader is still alive.

Posted · Report post

honestly did anyone expect the opposition leader to win?

ummmm... NO...

The best thing we can do is support the young Iranians who are willing to stand up against "amaginiadinagad"

Posted · Report post

http://mces.blogspot.com/2009/06/please-help.html

Yesterday was the Iranian presidential election. I drove to Ottawa to vote. More than 85% of eligible voters voted, of which about 80% of those voted for Mousavi, that is, against current president Ahmadinejad. I actually campaigned to encourage voting, by launching Lotfan.org last weekend.

Overnight however, a silent coup happens. The votes are never counted! Imaginary numbers are pushed out in the state-run TV as actuals:

The first counts, from rural places, start with Ahmadinejad getting 69% of the votes. Which sounds not right, but not unrealistic for rural places.

What we notice as being very very weird in our 5 hour drive back to Toronto is, as the total of votes counted goes up from 5 millions to 10, 15, 21, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30 millions, the balance doesn't change much. In fact, as facebookers and bloggers soon discovered, the ratio of votes for Mousavi over that of Ahmadinejad's at any given announcement was following a straight line with VERY HIGH CERTAINTY.

election.jpg

Posted · Report post

lol check out that t value

I m surprised the opposition leader is still alive.

he might not be. he's under house arrest last we heard.

also if you guys follow #iran on twitter you'll get up to the minute updates.

the internet, sms, and facebook have been banned. lol and one of the minor candidates claimed they had more people working for the campaign than they received votes what a fuging sham

Posted · Report post

lol god you're precious

how about you tell us all how american activities made the soviet union collapse

Posted · Report post

#iran is suggesting ahmadinejad is going to bring in hezbollah oh my god

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments