Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahmadinejad probably just won a rigged election

86 posts in this topic

Posted

I must have misread. I thought the question was "what did America have to do with the USSR breaking apart?"

You didn't have any comprehension problems when you replied to the same post that I did...

And imo, the collapse of the Soviet Union (a mortal threat to the US) was important enough that I wouldn't change a thing in that regard even knowing what I know now.

Do you think the collapse of the USSR should be credited to Jimmy Carter for his incredibly bold move to boycott the 1980 Olympics?

Post we both replied to in bold. I replied with my not understanding how the USA's support in Afghanistan v USSR had anything to do with the USSR's collapse.

You replied with a super funny post

Posted

you know KG if you actually responded with something intelligent like

"no fiz actually i believe the united states caused the downfall of the soviet union because:

a. something with a source

b. something with a source

c. something with a source

d. something with a source

i think i'd be so amazed that i would never be able to post on here again.

we both know that's never going to happen though because you've had two attempts in this thread alone, and add that to your dozens of missed opportunities to state anything of substance to me and it's pretty clear to anyone paying attention you've got nothing.

I laugh at you, and will continue to laugh at you. Pound the keyboard some more.

Posted

You didn't have any comprehension problems when you replied to the same post that I did...

Post we both replied to in bold. I replied with my not understanding how the USA's support in Afghanistan v USSR had anything to do with the USSR's collapse.

You replied with a super funny post

Okay, since I'm sofa king retarded, tell me the question you want me to reply to. I'm sure the rest of the board is dying to hear my answer.

Posted

Okay, since I'm sofa king retarded, tell me the question you want me to reply to. I'm sure the rest of the board is dying to hear my answer.

How did the USA's support of Afghanistan lead to the fall of the USSR?

Posted

I assume you're saying it didn't. It helped Afghanistan turn into Russia's Vietnam. It was another piece in the bigger puzzle...Russia's economy couldn't continue to support the Cubas and Afghanistans around the world and still feed the people back home. Gorbachev realized this.

Posted

Wow this thread got a bit derailed.

I don't think anyone can say that Afghanistan lead to the collapse but it sure didn't hurt. It contributed, but who knows, maybe having to deal with a conquered Muslim country would have had more of an effect.

Posted

I assume you're saying it didn't.

You shouldn't assume anything about me or my thoughts. :biggrin:

Posted

You shouldn't assume anything about me or my thoughts. :biggrin:

You should be nice to Reagan, Dimbee. The Bears haven't won a title since he was in office. :D

Rams 7, Bears 0

Posted

Posted

99 Rams 30, 85 Bears 21

Warner 325 yards passing, 2 TDS

Faulk 94 yards rushing, 2 TDs (one receiving)

Bears defense: Two TDs

Posted

">

Posted

US support of the insurgents in Afghanistan certainly didn't cause the collapse of the Soviet Union, at least not by itself.. The Soviet Union spent a lot of resources in Afghanistan, in part because of US assistance to the insurgents. Afghanistan was merely one of several factors. The Soviet system was an inefficient system, and the more it was stressed by things like Afghanistan, Reagan's buildup, along with multiple internal pressures, the closer it came to collapse.