#61 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

I would not have given up all that for Harvin. Risky move for Seattle.

#62 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,604 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

I think Harvin makes them more dynamic but I'm not sure just how much it improves them overrall. There are only so many touches players can get. Harvin is more of a gadget guy than a straight up WR.

lol at gadget guy.

he's as much a "gadget guy" as cam is a gimmick QB.

you get a guy who can kill the other team's defense in several ways instead of being singularly focused on just one area and you have a real threat that has to be accounted for by more than just one defender.

used properly, those "gadget" players will tear apart defenses, even on plays that they aren't the focus on. they open things up for other players.

#63 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

^ I assume the gadget guy reference is just alluding to the fact that in that offense its going to be hard to give him enough touches to be worth what they gave up.

#64 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,678 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

^ I assume the gadget guy reference is just alluding to the fact that in that offense its going to be hard to give him enough touches to be worth what they gave up.

That's what I thought. But he will still make a major impact with those touches.

#65 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,777 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Beated?

Please kill yourself...

Your posts make my eyes bleed.

keep the anger in the appropriate forums.

thanks

#66 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Thanks this is what I meant. I don't mean to underrate Harvin's ability. He is a better receiver than I gave him credit for, just checked his stats. But usually signings like this don't become the difference maker. But if any team can make the trade right now it's the Seahawks.

#67 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,604 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

production > # of touches.

his effect on the field will be more than just "touches" and he'll have a poo ton of all purpose yards.

if you're just looking at # of catches/targets then he probably wouldn't be worth it. if you are expecting production coming from being used in multiple ways then i think it would definitely be worth it.

imo, it's a better use of an early draft pick than using it on some unproven commodity. they know what harvin can do. it's not speculation like it is with any draft pick.

the guy is flat out explosive and was being massively under-utlized in the vikings old school run heavy offense.

#68 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,604 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

just saw this...

Chet_G
According to @PFF data, Harvin had 22 missed/broken tackles, the next best WR was Brandon Marshall with 17. Harvin only played in 9 games.

:o

#69 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

I think you guys instantly praising this move need to look at the flip side.

The Vikings have literally nothing at wide receiver. If this guy is such a proven commodity why were they so quick to unload him and he isn't even 25? I'm not saying he won't be successful, but I am going to wait and see how this plays out for both parties. It could end up the Vikings just robbed the Seahawks.

#70 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

This means Mike Wallace is going to Vikings or Dolphins for sure, so you can count us out. First or 2nd round receiver for us, Hopkins or Patterson plz.

#71 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Now the Vikings become the interesting team in the WR mix. Do they make a late charge for Jennings/Wallace? With a 2nd pick in the first round, do they take a shot a Victor Cruz (who just got a 1st round tender)? If they want to replace Harvin's role, will they look to Tavon Austin in the draft?

#72 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

can actually get Victor Cruz for cheaper, just a first rounder and a contract.

#73 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

it's bad enough letting your own team get you depressed but another team making a trade you full well knew was not a possibility for your own team is pathetic.

They guy has never had a 1000 yard season and never more than 8 combined TDs. I think the Vikings robbed them blind.

If he were the sole weapon on his team that would matter but he is going to complement some other elite receivers with the hawks. After all, receivers are more about catches than yards. just my opinion.

#74 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,795 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

This is a mistake. I'm glad our team didn't give up that much for an overrated wr.

#75 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,604 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

I think you guys instantly praising this move need to look at the flip side.

The Vikings have literally nothing at wide receiver. If this guy is such a proven commodity why were they so quick to unload him and he isn't even 25? I'm not saying he won't be successful, but I am going to wait and see how this plays out for both parties. It could end up the Vikings just robbed the Seahawks.

they saw an opportunity to pick up a first rounder for a guy that they weren't using because he didn't fit what they do on offense (which is pretty much just hand the ball to ADP) and who wasn't happy being there and had been trying to get out.

it just wasn't working. he didn't fit. he knew it and they knew it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com