Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers cut James Anderson

200 posts in this topic

Posted

Doesn't this give Beason leverage in not taking a pay cut?

Shouldn't we have done that first?

Either way, I don't have a problem with the move. What's it net us financially?

Not with his injury history and how easy it is to replace LBers

Posted

Good move. We are fine at LB without him

Posted

I can understand it, take the lumps now and start fresh going forward. I like that we don't pay premiums for mediocrity anymore.

Unless you are a season ticket holder, paying again for another 'lost' season.

I have two PSLs, section 342, want to buy them?

Posted

Listening to the moron frank garcia is clear we are clearing cap to start working on cams deal next year. June 1st cuts hurt us next year. We are going to have to take our medicine this year. Exactly the opposite of what he is saying is what were doing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Doesn't this give Beason leverage in not taking a pay cut?

Shouldn't we have done that first?

Either way, I don't have a problem with the move. What's it net us financially?

Beason better do what is needed of him. Especially given his injury history and that Jason Phillips is perfectly capable of starting and being a tackling machine

Posted

Good move. We are fine at LB without him

no we're not

Posted

Unless you are a season ticket holder, paying again for another 'lost' season.

I have two PSLs, section 342, want to buy them?

I don't think James Anderson is the difference between the season being "Lost" or not. All due respect to the guy.

Posted

We have 0 leverage with Beason because 3.75 million of 13 salary is fully guaranteed. His base salary is only 5.25 million total.

So if we cut him all he has to is find some one willing to pay him 1.5 millon per year or more and he wins. Meanwhile we would have to eat the 3.75 million guaranteed for this year plus the 12 million in dead money from his signing bonus.

Posted

Beason better do what is needed of him. Especially given his injury history and that Jason Phillips is perfectly capable of starting and being a tackling machine

Jason Phillips has no business playing OLB, IMO.

Posted

hate to see him go but makes no sense to pay an inevitable backup a pro bowl salary

Posted

I don't think James Anderson is the difference between the season being "Lost" or not. All due respect to the guy.

Anderson is small potatoes. What isn't, is there are two OLBs now that have an injury history.

Gettleman best address that.

Pretty sick and tired of hearing 'Hurney did this, Hurney caused that. Fox this and Fox that'.

My tickets cost the same.

As I just wrote the check for $4200 for this year's tickets, i really have to ask myself what I am doing.

I expect Gettleman and Rivera to put a competitive, at least 8-8 or 9-7 team on the field this year. I don't want to hear excuses why they don't.

I suspect that is were a lot of PSL holders are coming from.

Posted

Anderson is small potatoes. What isn't, is there are two OLBs now that have an injury history.

Gettleman best address that.

Pretty sick and tired of hearing 'Hurney did this, Hurney caused that. Fox this and Fox that'.

My tickets cost the same.

As I just wrote the check for $4200 for this year's tickets, i really have to ask myself what I am doing.

I expect Gettleman and Rivera to put a competitive, at least 8-8 or 9-7 team on the field this year. I don't want to hear excuses why they don't.

I suspect that is were a lot of PSL holders are coming from.

A little purging to help for the long term goal! Relax!