Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brandon

Panthers cut James Anderson

200 posts in this topic

Next order of business:

"Hello, Garry Williams? this is Dave Gettlemen..."

"Hello Jeff Hangartner? Dave Gettlemen here...."

lumberg-office-space_320.jpg

Yeah, Jimmy Clausen, going need you to come in for a physical today

here's another article with cap info as well

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

Sucks. JA was another one of my favorite guys. Really good player who also is a really good dude off the field and always took time to engage fans. I don't really get cutting him, he wasn't making a ton of money and at the least would be a "4th starter" as depth. Man, these last few days have been depressing.

I'd take the full hit this year, save cap space for next.

Anderson's contract was 5 years, $22 million, $8.5 million guaranteed, signed in 2011.

I'd take the full hit this year, save cap space for next.

team wants/needs to win this year. they need as much money as possible this year toget players who can help and fill holes.

he was a great person I hope he can take his Hurney money and go play somewhere else.

beason was the better choice to keep. costs more to keep but also more expensive to unload and has a higher upside than anderson. also, from a teammate/leader standpoint, beason is more important.

Sucks. JA was another one of my favorite guys. Really good player who also is a really good dude off the field and always took time to engage fans. I don't really get cutting him, he wasn't making a ton of money and at the least would be a "4th starter" as depth. Man, these last few days have been depressing.

It's a future move I would guess. We can't afford to pay a "4th Starter" starters money for multiple future seasons with everything we need ot get. If Gettleman turns this space into a corner or tackle, it helps the team a lot more.

It does suck we had to cut him though because he was a nice guy and engaging. All the best to him, and hope he finds a good job somewhere else.