Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WR Heyward-Bey & DB Huff Released By Oakland

96 posts in this topic

Posted

Where did I argue that Palmer didn't use his Wr's more? You said Bey can only be evaluated as a deep threat.You said Campbell should be thrown out as opposed to Palmer because:

He didn't throw downfield. This is false. He did, in fact he did at the fourth highest rate of Qbs that year. Campbell threw it downfield plenty, this is irrefutable.

He didnt attack the field like Palmer did. This is false. Attacking the field means to frequently target down the field and again Campbell did that more then Palmer. This is also irrefutable.

He wasn't as successfull throwing the ball downfield as Palmer. Unless you have some other metric, this is also false. Sucessfully throwing the ball downfield means you completed the ball downfield. Campbell did this, better then Palmer. This is irrefutable.

Feel free to argue about how Palmer targeting Wr's more in short and intermediate routes should be considered, but I never stated otherwise.

I said he can only be fairly evaluated with a QB who can throw downfield....

Campbell era isn't the time frame to judge him...he was a rookie/sophomore with a QB who struggles going to WRs.

Again, if Campbell went DOWNFIELD so much more than Palmer and was good at it....the WR corps numbers wouldn't of doubled and tripled under Palmer. Which they did.

Going downfield POORLY....and having pass attempts to nowhere b/c you suck.....doesn' t mean anything.

Here is your arguement.....Jimmy Clausen launched 10 balls downfield. Cam Newton threw 7. Jimmy throws downfield better than Cam.

Posted

Campbell era isn't the time frame to judge him...he was a rookie/sophomore with a QB who struggles going to WRs

And Campbell can throw it downfield ,as I've already cited. In the years being discussed 2010 vs 2012, Campbell threw it downfield more successfullly and with more frequncy then Palmer. If 2012 Palmer is a good enough deep passer for Bey to be fairly evaluated then so is 2010 Campbell.

Posted

He beat him out in Oakland in 2009 and 2010. In 2009 as well as 2010, he had more recieving yds and touchdowns. Until he got hurt in 2011, he was the number two in Oakland. Murphy has a chemistry with Cam and will be money better spent. Murphy > DHB for several reasons. It doesn't matter who the quarterback is if the reciever cannot catch dude. "More drops than receptions" is pathetic and Jerry Rice as well as Chris Carter said if a guy comes in without decent hands, he will never become a competent reciever. Much like your boy DHB.

How does 336 yards and 1 TD=chemistry? Murphy is really only good for a fly route, a one trick pony, and he is also very well known for his drops.

Posted

And Campbell can throw it downfield ,as I've already cited. In the years being discussed 2010 vs 2012, Campbell threw it downfield more successfullly and with more frequncy then Palmer. If 2012 Palmer is a good enough deep passer for Bey to be fairly evaluated then so is 2010 Campbell.

then why did the WR corps numbers double in yards and triple in TDs Palmers first season?

Posted

Campbell era isn't the time frame to judge him...he was a rookie/sophomore with a QB who struggles going to WRs.

Again, if Campbell went DOWNFIELD so much more than Palmer and was good at it....the WR corps numbers wouldn't of doubled and tripled under Palmer. Which they did.

Going downfield POORLY....and having pass attempts to nowhere b/c you suck.....doesn' t mean anything.

Here is your arguement.....Jimmy Clausen launched 10 balls downfield. Cam Newton threw 7. Jimmy throws downfield better than Cam.

No.

I never made the argument that attempts means your better. Feel free to show the post where.

I used attempts to counter your argument that he doesn't throw the ball downfield. Furthermore I said attempt percentage. ( How many attempts deep per dropback ).

This would be the equlivent analogy:

Newton throws a deep attempt percentage of 16.6. Clausen throws 7.8 percentage . Therfore Newton throws the ball deep more often then Clausen.

I said Campbell was more successfull because he had a higher completion percentage on deep throws then Palmer.

The equlivent analogy:

Newton completes 66.7 percent of his deep throws. Clausen completes 60.7 of his. Therefore Newton is more succesfull at throwing deep balls.

Posted

How does 336 yards and 1 TD=chemistry? Murphy is really only good for a fly route, a one trick pony, and he is also very well known for his drops.

Name a number three, in their first year with the team that has procduced more. I am talking third on the depth chart, not a slot guy like Welker. The touchdown he caught from Cam was a slant so that throws a wrench in your one trick pony argument. You winners want DHB and you are talking about drops.

Posted

DH-B could be a real steal...he has speed that's for sure.

Swap ex Raider for ex Raider, release Murphy, sign DH-B

As far as Huff Id say he could probably start here at the CB position...

Posted

Doesn't work that way...2009 DHB was a rookie....he then worked his way into being a clearly better option than Murphy. Murphy played in 11 games in 2011 with laughable production....they cut him. DHB by that point had clearly beat him out. You are going backwards in time.....it is like saying Moose beat out Steve Smith and backtracking when Steve was a noob in 2002.

He isn't my boy. He isn't very good. He is just better than Murphy.....doesn't matter how many times you reference an article from the Campbell era.

Murphy was a rookie that year too you imbecile. He got hurt in 2011, which is why his production was not high. Are you that thrilled about Bey that you are ignoring facts? Don't respond if that is how post

on the board.

Posted

then why did the WR corps numbers double in yards and triple in TDs Palmers first season?

Different coach and system, one that mirrors ours. Hue Jackson was the coach for that season remember. Do you ignore blatant facts in all your posts? I am just wondering.

Posted

He's got bad hands, can't run more than run route, and has scored 11 touchdowns in 4 years. I don't see the appeal.

Moss made a killing by just running a few routes now the hands I will agree with dhb doesn't seem to have very reliable hands I'd like to know his catch percent if some one can find it

Posted

Moss made a killing by just running a few routes now the hands I will agree with dhb doesn't seem to have very reliable hands I'd like to know his catch percent if some one can find it

LOL, now DHB is Randy Moss? Are you kidding? The production isn't there. Not even close.

Posted

then what is Murphy then? We are just talking about upgrading what we have...

and Steve Smith averaged 39 yards per game in 2010 in his "prime". You don't think DHB being young with a bad TE/RB checkdown QB should be taken into account?

Smitty had a track record of excellence outside of 2010. DHB has none of that. When skills are apparent, you can start making excuses based on the play of others. But he doesn't have those. He's never been a game-changer, and he's got one trick. I don't see the comparison.

Murphy's not good, but why spend money to go from not good to not good?

1 person likes this