• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:00 PM

Assuming no injuries post your national champion at #1.

1 - Kansas (Eventual National Champion)
2 - Nova
3 - Kentucky
4 - Mich. St
5 - Texas
6 - UCONN
7 - Duke
8 - UNC
9 - Washington
10 - Purdue

#2 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

1-UNC
2-Kansas
3-Nova
4-UCONN
5-MSU
6-Texas
7-Washington
8-Purdue
9-Duke
10-Kentucky

#3 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

1. Kansas
2. Louisville
3. Villanova
4. Mich St
5. Kentucky
6. UNC
7. Duke
8. UConn
9. Texas
10. Purdue/Washington

The kentucky pick is a hard one, because they probably do not deserve to be in the top 5(young inexperience), but the media will put them there.

Edited by Tweeder, 13 June 2009 - 12:33 PM.

#4 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:36 PM

1. Kansas
2. Louisville
3. Villanova
4. Mich St
5. Kentucky
6. UNC
7. Duke
8. UConn
9. Texas
10. Purdue/Washington

The kentucky pick is a hard one, because they probably do not deserve to be in the top 5(young inexperience), but the media will put them there.

I put them that high because I expect Meeks to come back and the SEC sucks...They will get probably 13 conference wins alone even without Meeks IMO. I think they could be the best team in the country by the end of the year with Meeks keeping the ship on course but if they are looking to Wall, Cousins, Patterson, and Orton in crunch time every game then I think they struggle a bit and lose some of the winnable games.

I thought your Louisville pick was interesting...You still think they are going to be that good even while losing Terrance Williams and Earl Clark?

#5 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:41 PM

this is preseason top 10....I think with the people that are coming in and the talent coming back they could easily get the #2 spot, but Nova could jump up into that pick. The reason I did not put Kentucky up there is the fact this is my preseason pick

I might have gotten the title confused....Is this my preseason picks, or my early end of the year picks on how it will all finish?

Edited by Tweeder, 13 June 2009 - 12:45 PM.

#6 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:56 PM

I think it's Kansas, then Michigan State and Villanova, then everybody else.

#7 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:41 PM

this is preseason top 10....I think with the people that are coming in and the talent coming back they could easily get the #2 spot, but Nova could jump up into that pick. The reason I did not put Kentucky up there is the fact this is my preseason pick

I might have gotten the title confused....Is this my preseason picks, or my early end of the year picks on how it will all finish?

Well its preseason but the only one that it would effect is your #1 because you pick your #1 based on who you think is most ready to win the national championship. The reason I questioned your Louisville pick is because they are losing their two best players and aren't really bringing in that great of a class...Thats all.

#8 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

Kansas, Michigan St., and 'Nova I think are at the top, with KU or MSU being 1 or 2. UNC shouldn't be in the top 10 IMO. Wouldn't be shocked to see Washington in the top 5.

#9 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:43 PM

UNC not in the top 10??? They still have a ton of talent

#10 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:56 PM

The Heels are definitely top 10, and depending on player/team development, could be top 5. Roy lost his top 7 players after 05 and still managed a hellava season in 06...The returning talent is better this time around.

#11 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:23 PM

1. Kansas
2. Louisville
3. Villanova
4. Mich St
5. Kentucky
6. UNC
7. Duke
8. UConn
9. Texas
10. Purdue/Washington

Pretty good list, but I have to agree with unicar15 that Louisville needs to drop several spots...

#12 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:50 PM

I'm a huge Louisville homer, and I agree that they need to be around the 8-13 range.

#13 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:25 PM

Yea they still have a ton of talent, I just think that there are better team out there. We don't have a proven PG, I don't know who the 2 guard will be maybe Strickland? Then we got a load of Forward, with Davis down low.

Rankings mean nothing, I just don't think they are a top ten team.

#14 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,244 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:53 AM

1.MSU
2.Louisville
3.Texas
4.Kansas
5.Nova
6.UK
7.Purdue
8.uCON
9.Xavier
10.Duke

#15 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:57 AM

Pretty good list, but I have to agree with unicar15 that Louisville needs to drop several spots...

Well its preseason but the only one that it would effect is your #1 because you pick your #1 based on who you think is most ready to win the national championship. The reason I questioned your Louisville pick is because they are losing their two best players and aren't really bringing in that great of a class...Thats all.

I'm a huge Louisville homer, and I agree that they need to be around the 8-13 range.

I mean I guess you guys are correct, but my reasoning is how long before the media gives Pitino the preseason ranking he deserves? I mean granted he lost his two best players, but it seems like he loses at least one best player every year and still finishes out the season in the top 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.