Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carp24000

Falcons Sign Stephen Jackson

92 posts in this topic

Until I see and experience otherwise, I will have faith in Gettleman and his strategic view and not react like prepubescent girls about tactical choices. If people didn't realize there would be some pain in the present for long term viability, I don't know what to say.

U gotta have faith in the guy he's been on the job a couple months. It took some fans around here 7 years to realize Marty didn't know what the hell was going on.

Until I see and experience otherwise, I will have faith in Gettleman and his strategic view and not react like prepubescent girls about tactical choices. If people didn't realize there would be some pain in the present for long term viability, I don't know what to say.

So what exactly qualifies as the present to you because it seems a whole lot to me like this is the same line we've been fed for five years now

Hey Bro Rogan - u said I was "over reacting" in the other thread, lets say Asamough heads to NO, and Revis to the Bucs, I'll give you any draft you want and any reasonable/realistic panther FA signing.

Do you think the panthers can truly compete for an NFCSOUTH crown next year?

That's the problem. Our offense IS our strength and all the rival teams are setting themselves up to contain it/shut it down. Meanwhile, our defense was our weaker unit, and all we have done since the offseason started was purge it. But, magically, we will be better than everyone else next season because we're us and they're not.

"Spending all that money won't get you out of last place, but it will still get you 2-0 against us Bucs herpderp"

"Falcons can't replace fatass turner now. gonzo gonna retire! Superbowl! Division is ours!herpderp"

its Steven, not Stephen

I'm glad I was sitting down when I read this.

the falcons have absolutely nobody at defensive end now and no first round pick.

They have a 1st.

I don't understand I thought you had to pick whether you wanted to participate in free agency or the draft I didn't know you had the option to do both

what sorcery

1 person likes this

I guess our entire draft is going to the defense, which is probably going to be ish, but hell...we can score 40 a game with this offense.

the falcons have absolutely nobody at defensive end now and no first round pick.

Bierman isn't a bad player and I'd much rather have the rest of the offseason to pickup a DE through FA or the draft to plug in (hello Freeney), rather than be us and have the rest of the offseason to have to pickup corners, safeties, defensive tackles, wide receivers, offensive linemen, and linebacker depth.

Bierman isn't a bad player and I'd much rather have the rest of the offseason to pickup a DE through FA or the draft to plug in (hello Freeney), rather than be us and have the rest of the offseason to have to pickup corners, safeties, defensive tackles, wide receivers, offensive linemen, and linebacker depth.

biermann isn't a bad rotational player but he's not a quality starter by any stretch of the imagination.

i'm responding specifically to your original, extremely faulty assertion that the falcons have enough depth at defensive end to just push somebody else out there along with a rookie and that's going to pick up abraham's production as if it doesn't matter at all that he's gone.

oh yeah and unless i argued specifically that i wouldn't want to be the falcons right now then whether or not you'd trade places with them has zero bearing on anything

biermann isn't a bad rotational player but he's not a quality starter by any stretch of the imagination.

i'm responding specifically to your original, extremely faulty assertion that the falcons have enough depth at defensive end to just push somebody else out there along with a rookie and that's going to pick up abraham's production as if it doesn't matter at all that he's gone.

My point remains, they have much less to worry about than we do, and that is NOT okay. Losing Abraham is huge, but as I said, there are guys like Freeney still floating out there. That is their biggest need. We have a lot of "biggest needs."

And that wasn't the assertion I was making.

I was saying that they are making moves and will continue to make moves to plug in at the spots that they lost production from through those veteran releases. We have yet to do anything of significance and the top-tier guys are going quickly, many for much cheaper than what was expected.